Wow!!! 2 Years Still Seems Like Yesterday

ThunderCoupe94

Sept. 11th 2003!!!! 2 years already and it still seems like only yesterday. Have to give credit to the Hero's who are still fighting for our freedom that we continue to enjoy. Without all these people where would we be? I know in my heart that the Lord is the one helping all of us deal with this tragedy! God bless all the soldiers who are over there now and Thanks. I think it would be nice to post as today is a VERY SPECIAL day in all our lives. We will never forget. God Bless!

Jay

I took a lot of time out this mornin' to watch odds & ends on the TV. It was chilling to listen to the bell toll in Pennsylvania, sad to hear the music played at Arlington, but the hardest part was listenin' to the kids reading names of the fallen at Ground Zero.
I've never had children but I gotta tell ya...it's impossible to describe the lump in my throat that came when several of the ones reading the names happened to read the name of their own father or mother etc.

Next thing I felt was anger. But just as that rose inside me a compassion for those that lost loved ones started in. Did me good, I felt better again.

You guys & gals up in the northeast, we may not understand why you do the things you do sometimes and we may pick on ya and make fun of ya and all kinds of other mean things at times but deep down you better believe that today our hearts and admiration and respect go out to ya.

keep rollin',

'bird

i was just watching special on HBO and it was sad to see all the footage once again. it also had messages left on peoples machines from loved ones in the towers pretty much saying goodbye. also that the heros of the day were not only the police and firefighters but the people inside the towers that were letting the younger people go down the elevators and stairs before them. they were thinking of others before themselves, which for some may of been the last desicions of thier lives... if everyone in the world were like them, the world would be a far better place.....
have a good night everyone....

Back