Inlet Plenum Porting?

layinthesmack31

I am about ready to buy a 75 mm TB and i want to be able to port the inlet so that it is matched good. But what i dont know is how to open it up. Can someone describe to me on how to port the plenum because when i store my car i will have all winter to work on getting it done. I have a die grinder and a dremmel to do this project. Can the porting be done with the plenum still on the car if it is clogged with a cloth so none of the metal shavings get into the blower? please someone let me know so i can plan out this task. Or if anyone does this for a good price also let me know. thanks alot guys

Matt

It can be done but it isn't that bad to take it off. I would use some kind of sanding drum. Bolt the TB on and mark off where you need to cut down to, usually the gasket doesn't match to well so cut that too. Grind it down to exactly match, if bigger it will cause low pressure spots and distrupt flow. I would also blend it into the rest of the intake as much as possible. I went as far as getting a flapper on an extension and went in deep. also remeber on intake side you don't want it polished, you want some of the roughness from sand paper in there. Don't go any finer than 120. If it is real high speed then may even want to use 80 grit, I did mine with a drill at 2500rpm.

I agree. Mark with a felt pen, use a 1 1/2" sanding drum and a drill. I stuffed a couple of oil soaked rags in the inlet and used my shop vac after I was done.

Back