vacuum/boost gauge

blackcat89

any one ever replaced the vacuum/boost gauge on one of these animals?(89xr7) mine hasn't worked for over a year.Checked all the usual things:vacuum line,connectors,fire wall pentration-nothing out of the ordinary.Can you replace the gauge or does the whole instrument panel have to be replaced?

You can replace just the guage but you have to pull the cluster to do it. Now the question becomes if Ford still has the guage?

boost gauge

i just replaced my boost gauge in my 94 with one from a 93 that i got from the local junkyard.check the t-fittting under the instrument panel to see if you have vaccum there. take out the instrument cluster but before you unplug the connectors on both sides, tilt it and remove the vaccum hose on the boost gauge and see if you have some suction. thats the only way you will know for sure. art

Thanks for the info-I'll give it a try,but i think I'm going find a replacement just in case cause I dont want to have to remove the instrument cluster twice.:)

boost gauge

by all means have a replacement in hand. e-bay has clusters for sale and it may be easier to buy a used cluster than to find a new replacement gauge.

Back