dayco 89016 pulleys. can dust covers be used?

Tazer999

Just wondering if the dust covers off of the stock tensioner pulleys can be re-used on the 89016 pulleys. I read in a tbscec faq that the 89007 daycos can re-use them, but not sure on the 89016

Thanks

Give me a call

If you need motor mounts and springs with only 75k on them ,give me a call at (604) 839-0762

The dust cover won't fit with that pulley without a spacer added between the pulley and the dust cover.

I went to the local hardware store with the bolt from the old pulley and the new pulley. Then I just found a stainless steel washer that fit the pulley and the bolt. I think the 1/4" washer will fit but there are different outside diameters so I just picked one that seemed like a good balance.

I like the wider pulley.

Found this while searching, so I am curious who has not used washers on the 89016 pulley?

I have had one on the supercharger tensioner without a washer for a year or so with no bad results, but I will be using them on the two other tensioners as well and as just curious... At the time I was not aware that people were usig washers...

i reused my dust covers with all 3 89016 pulleys, no problems yet. have about 3000 miles on them

The last one I used I looked at it again and seemed like it wouldn't be an issue. But I stuck a washer on it just to be safe. As the box says, the dust cover isn't necessary, but it does give a more finished appearance to the installation.

Back