rear end creaking?

TbirdSC93

Just the other day my car started making this weird noise. It will make this weird creaking sound any time I accelarate slightly hard, the harder I accelarate the more it does it. I can feel the vibration on my feet when it does it....feels like the cars bending of sumthing, tho its not. Any ideas???

Auto or 5-speed?

If it's and auto, have you checked your U-joints. When you first put it in drive, does it take just a sec before it goes in gear, and does it clunk when that happens?

Thomas

It is an auto....I havent really noticed if it takes a sec to get into drive...ill check. It does make some kinda sound when I put it in reverse

I've recently experienced the same symptoms that you decribe, turn out that I had a bad driver's side half-shaft. I replaced it and no more vibration nor noise.

I would check the half-shafts for excessive play.

Calvin

the half-shafts are located between your knuckle and rear differential. Just take a peak behind one of your rear wheels and you will see the half-shaft with two rubber boots on each end.

Update....Ive checked my half shafts and there wasn't any play..

The sound is now worse and does it when im at idle in park.

The sound also is the worse when its cold out or if I drive thru a puddle and the bottom all wet.

Any ideas??? very annoying sound and worried about my car breaking!

The sound is now worse and does it when im at idle in park.
Well, that rules out the possibility of it being a suspension or drivetrain issue. Maybe you can describe the sound to us a little better. Low or high pitched? Vibrations or not? Vary with rpms?

Thomas

Maybe a stupid question here, but...does your exhaust rub anywhere back there?
It rubs at idle now? Then have someone start it up while you try and take a peak at it underneath...personally I would not climb under the car while it is running--that is why I pay the stealerships to do....Anyway see if you can find out a little better what area its coming from.

When my exhaust was rubbing against the tranny crossbrace it would make a loud grinding rubbing sound, especially while accelerating, turning. For some reason I couldn't get the exhaust pipe to st any higher, so I used a few washers to lower the brace a few centimeters and the noise went away...

Me too, After my SCP exhaust system was installed I had to lower the brace too. I used some strong nylon pieces to drop brace down..

A clunk sound!!!

I have a problem I hear A clunk sound when I put in gear (auto) and give it little gas anyone no what it might be? I checked my U-joints and they where fine but the driveshaft I took out and shook it and I can hear clunking inside I am hopping that a new driveshaft will fix this PLEASE REPLY

I have a problem I hear A clunk sound when I put in gear (auto) and give it little gas anyone no what it might be? I checked my U-joints and they where fine but the driveshaft I took out and shook it and I can hear clunking inside I am hopping that a new driveshaft will fix this PLEASE REPLY

Check the irs bushings.
Mike

Back