Acid Porting pleniums

daivd z

I have a friend that can acid port my pleniums for pretty cheap. is there any limit as to how far to go on porting or anything? has anyone ever had it done before?

wellllllll I dont know.....Sounds scary and Im unfamiliar with the process..If yer gunna give it a try do a before and after dyno test...I assume youll still have to handport match for the gaskets regardless..Parts I would try would be sc inlet and return adapter..lower manifold and IC tubes..I guess if the acid is properly nuetralized afterwards youll be ok

im not tottaly sure of the process but he pours it in and lets it sit then dumps it out. hes done a few intake manifolds for 2.5L probes and ive seen them. the porting wasnt hugh but it lightned the manifold pretty significantly and said that it made some serious flow numbers compared to regular porting.

Acid porting is an old trick that is done mainly to engines that are used in a class that does not allow porting of the heads. They use acid to remove material because it leaves no evadence of grinding, so none can really say the casting didnt come from the factory that way.
It can be very effective if done properly, just like grinding.:)

one thing

just make sure he doesnt use the "SAND PORTING" technique with all the parts still in the car. you guys remember that thread a while back!? lol hahahaha
-damon

Back