Oil Cooler to Water Pump lines

rhanumaiah

Please Help,
Any one know what the routing of these lines are like. I has the HG done by Ford over Two years a go and I'm still having problems sorting out all the issues. I was doing the passenger side Motor mount when i noticed that the line that runs fron the oil cooler to the front side of the water pump is kinked. I was thinking maybe they installed it backwards. One side is stright (on the oil cooler) and the other is curved on the water pump. The only thing that has me concerned is the fact that there is a bracket on the tube that is attached to the oil pan. I can't find it in the service manuals or any where else.

Yes, the bracket does in fact attach to one of the oil pan bolts. The bolt actually has a stud section on the end of it pointing down that the hole in the bracket slips over. You then add a nut on the end to secure the bracket.

I can get a pic of that area and post it here if you'd like.

'bird

It would be greatly appreciated. The line is bent almost on itself. I was wondering how this thing origionally looked. I tried to get a picture up loaded but it won't. Trimmed the immage down a whole lot. This is what it looks like at the water pump, bent in on itself at the back

Attachments

• smwpoilcooler.jpg
    smwpoilcooler.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Here ya go, took a few pics. Quality on the bracket pic is bad, hard to adjust the flash and I was in a hurry.
Looks like the hose is fairly close to where it should be on yours, maybe needs to be tweaked just a little. Might fit better after you get the bracket bolted down in the proper location.

'bird

Attachments

• oilcooler6186.jpg
    oilcooler6186.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 256
tbird88,
Thanks for the pictures. It looks like it installed correctly. The only other question is where does it attach to the oil pan. Mine is on the first stud/ on the front of the oil pan on the passengers side. I know I was missing bolts and what not on the front of the oil pan. I think I got it right. The front of the underside has NEVER looked right after getting back from the dealer and I have very little to go by. I do know when I did the motor mounts I saw a lot of stuff that makes me belive that they never put it back together right or knew how to. The wiring looms one runs under the K-frame up by the oil pan the other wich is tied to that oil cooler bracket runs the other loom up near the front sway bar. I which I had taken pictures of the uder side before I gave them this car. It's a 94-5 Speed I have owned from day one. Thanks for the help it's getting me in the right direction. I will try and snap a picture of the under side up by the front, if that will help any further.

Originally posted by rhanumaiah
tbird88,
Thanks for the pictures. It looks like it installed correctly. The only other question is where does it attach to the oil pan. Mine is on the first stud/ on the front of the oil pan on the passengers side. I know I was missing bolts and what not on the front of the oil pan. I think I got it right. The front of the underside has NEVER looked right after getting back from the dealer and I have very little to go by. I do know when I did the motor mounts I saw a lot of stuff that makes me belive that they never put it back together right or knew how to. The wiring looms one runs under the K-frame up by the oil pan the other wich is tied to that oil cooler bracket runs the other loom up near the front sway bar. I which I had taken pictures of the uder side before I gave them this car. It's a 94-5 Speed I have owned from day one. Thanks for the help it's getting me in the right direction. I will try and snap a picture of the under side up by the front, if that will help any further.
Shoot, wish you'da said ya had a '94, I coulda snapped pics of mine. The ones I posted are of an early-model. Too dark now, I'll get a few tomorrow.

'bird

tbird88
I will in the AM/PM and get them up there to. I appreciate all your help. I'm just trying to get this thing right if you know what I mean. I have had nothing but problems after getting back from those jokers. I just did the Motor mounts and it feels a lot better. I'm trying to lick the over heating problem that was never there untill they did the work. Thanks

I looked at my '94 and it mounts the same way, to the stud at the front edge of the oil pan.

'bird

replacement hose

Did any of you guys find a replacement hose? Mine is cooroded and looks like it is time to replace before she blows.

Scot

Back