Gearing

blackstallion94

Ok i am trying to figure out what kinda gears i have in my rear end i have a 1994 Sc with an auto. The door jam gives 9 under the Ax. Do we have some kinda trac lock cause i can hook up posi some times. How much closer would i run with a 94 mustang if i had 3.55 or 3.73.

depends

Depends on what year mustang ?

In your 94 auto you should have 3.23's If you upgraded to 3.73 you would REALLY pully on most cars on the road. A buddy of mine has 3.55 gears in his 'stang and it launches and accelerates something whicked! I can only imagine how my engine which has more torque will feel after my 3.73 upgrade

94-95 autos had non-posi 3.31's with traction control. You'd be much better off with 3.55 or 3.73's with a posi unit.

If the 94 stang's a stick, you don't have much of a chance. If it's an auto (and bone stock which I don't think any 94 stang would be) You'd be close with 3.73s. Don't do a gear upgrade without adding a posi unit. It wouldn't be worth anything.

BlackbirdSC said:
94-95 autos had non-posi 3.31's with traction control. You'd be much better off with 3.55 or 3.73's with a posi unit.

If the 94 stang's a stick, you don't have much of a chance. If it's an auto (and bone stock which I don't think any 94 stang would be) You'd be close with 3.73s. Don't do a gear upgrade without adding a posi unit. It wouldn't be worth anything.

I would probably disagree on that. 94/95 stangs are pretty much dogs. I go to the track on a continous basis throughout summer and have seen MANY 94-98 stangs run. All of those years were down on HP and I have yet to see 1 of them break into the 14's completley stock. Modded they obviously become fast as heck. I remember one guy with a white 95 was running and I went and talked to him. He could do no better than a 15.7 @ 90 with his. And his was a manual. I also had a chance to run a 95 stick vert from a dead stop in my friends 91 SHO. He pulled for the first second or two for about a car length but as we approaced the top of second we started realing him in fast. By third we were past and pulling.

Back