Custom Exhaust wanted, need help

92CougLS

I went ahead and searched, and dug through the different posts for like the last hour and a half, which sucked, cause all it did was waste my time, HOWEVER, I did see some neat stuff.

Here's my situation:

In case no one figured out from the stuff on the left, or the user name, or the fact I have been posting almost a year, and do my share of gettin out there I have a 3.8 V6 N/A, and I am lookin for exhaust suggestions.

I wanna know if placement will affect how it sounds. Right now I am gonna run it out the back, cause I am using savings bond money from my Grandpa, but the stipulation for part of it is that I use it to fix my exhaust, and so for now I wanna just be as not flashy as possible, placement matters cause I want to run it out the sides after or just before the rear tires in the near future, I know, none of you will like it, suck it cause that's what I wanna do, lol. So I don't want to have to change to much, just maybe have them cut off the excess and then bend and run a couple extra feet of tubing. I may just have them do it like that now.

I need a louder sound than stock, but not too much. Also, no changing stock manifold or cats for now. So keep that in mind. I wanna know what brands sound good. I have heard flow is too loud, blah blah blah, I want sound clips to go along if possible.

I am going to go with true dual, no fightin me on that, I just want to. I need to know wether I should run a resonator, an X or H pipe, or both.

I also wanna know what mufflers you would suggest.

Cost is not too much of an issue, but lets keep it 500-600 or less, if possible, if you paid more, that's fine, I still want to know about yours

Lemme hear all your suggestions, your experience, and pics and sound clips, thank you all VERY much

right now i am looking into some dynomax super turbo mufflers. They sound bad *** on an SC. Other than that it all depends on your area. I really want to just run 2 2.5 high flow cads into an xpipe and out to the mufflers but being in california it is illegal to cut out the resanator and put in an xpipe. whatever, you can dream. If you go to dynomax.com they have some decent sounds bites to get an idea of what all their setups sound like. good luck.

Back