block

schaef

looking for a low mileage block
that is straight or still in specs
located in sioux falls south dakota :cool:

Might be a dumb question, but do you want an SC block or would you take an N/A block? I may have an NA block that I'll let go in a few weeks.

Not in SF, South Dakota - it'd also be near Lincoln, NE. If interested, let me know. I can't confirm that I'll even have the block, but it's a fair chance.

-Andy "Melon"

HEY SCHAEF

How much do you want to spend? I have a old 89 SC block completely stripped and setting in my basement. 165,000 + miles. Don't know if it would still meet specs. Threw a rod bearing and had bad HGs. So I decided to just replace the whole long block . With a wrecked Super Coupe . These blocks are hard to come by. There are a good 10 to 15 super coupes setting in the local junkyards. Everyone of them Has the long block and supercharger missing folks grabb them as soon as they get them in the junkyard. Talked to a guy at sunset beach salvage yard yesterday . He told me he Just got a supercharged couger in. I have not seen it yet and sometimes these junkyard dudes don't know what they are talking about. He wanted 75 for the fuel pump I was thinking more like 25. Heck I could buy a new one for that much. Here is the # for sunset beach (515) 266-5201. This place has got four SC with the engines gone. They also have 4 mark 8s with HO 302s in them they all smoke bad rings but will run. Lots of ford stuff at this place.

Schaef,
There's a pretty big difference between the 2 blocks. There's an article about it in the SC literature section of this website (at least there used to be). You could also check the FAQ section, could be there now.

Stocker 89,
Are you sure those are 5.0 HO's in the Mark VIII's? I guessed that the 8's came with 4.6's...If they are 5.0 HO's do you know how much they want for the complete car? (Or as much that is left) I'm looking for all the wiring, sensors, eec, etc from an HO 5.0 for use with a 351W. I've been having a plan for a while, just trying to see what's it's going to cost me! LOL!

Here's the link to that article: differences in SC and N/A

Last edited:
Not positive they are marks or birds.

The reason they caught my eye was the H/0 USES the same throttle body. You would have to call dont know prices for them they are mid 80's style they have distributor cap and rotor .

Back