air silencer out, hmph..

92redsc

that was a toughy ha. not really just took a good 45. any way, now how do i bolt my airbox back down???? there arnt any bolts sticking through without the silencer ya kno. also do yall recommend a aftermarket intake or stick with the stock air box. i was thinkin the 3 incher from SCP. thanks guys, oh and where can i get magnecor 8.5 mms? from a store or from the internet?

Last edited:
the air silencer does have some bolts that stay with it when u take it off...i just unscrewed those and used them as bolts to use my stock air box...

um

dont want to let it just sit there cause it could shift and not be lined up with the oval cut-out. how did you unscrew the bolts from the air silencer? from the rubber stopper part or did you get the rubber out to?

It's really not going to move much. Mine's just been sitting there (no bolts) for a while now.

It gets the job done until I get a CAI.

SCP 3"

SCP has the 3" air intake. I like it, but have had probs overheating so I put stock back on to let air from front of car (Cooler) get to TB. The SCP comes with a plastic filter cover, but could not figure how to make it suck cooler air from below. I will be puttting back on after I get a new radiator. I just figure the K&N was drawing all the heated air from the engine compartment and that was not helping my temp problems. SCP also has the Magnecor wire set.

While we're on the subject of intakes, I am planning on acquiring the mach 1 hood in the future, and I know it has functional scoops. Does anyone make a ram-air kit for out cars with this hood? I know they have one for mustangs (what don't they have) but I haven't seen one for Tbirds. Anybody know?

Thanks

I dont think you car would benifit from ram air and besides if you leave the vents open in the rain expect to get a lot of water in your air filter. On my sons car if you leave the vents open just to get more air over the engine so much dirt and water get all over the place. What a mess it make of your nice clean engine bay.
just my .02

Look at the ones for Mustangs. You will need to be able to do fiberglass work and copy that design. Use common sense and you could make a good working ram air setup for your car.

Jeff

Back