sunroof drains

Ronald Wendt

Can anyone tell me where the rear drain lines are at, and then how the heck do you access them? I want to be sure mine are clear and not plugged, but I have looked and looked and cannot find them. The front ones were no big deal and I blew air through them to be sure they were clear

Thanks

Ron

The last time I looked in the Helms manual, it was illustrated that it ran down behind the back seat passenger's window (of course behind the trim).

Yes thats true, each corner of the inside of the sunroof has a drain hole. The rear drains are made of plastic and come out forward of the wheel well and just inside the plastic body trim. If you had the car under coated, it would have been easy to clog them up. If you pour some water inside the sunroof (while on an uphill angle), you should see it come out the bottom on both sides. Good luck

ok, so can you actually see the drains from the sunroof area? If so do you need to be some kind of gymnast/yoga person to contort yourself for poper orientation?

I will try the cup of water test and look underneath for the drains too. But I would think if the lines are plugged it would be better to try to blow them clear from above rather from below, could get messy inside the car otherwise

thanks

Ron

Yes Ron, I opened the glass all of the way, then got my head inside the opening from inside the car to have a good look for leaves and trash. You may need a light to see in there. If you could rig an extension on a vacuum to help clean it out first, then blow it out with air. Good luck

Back