fuel injectors cleaning?

ShawnSC1

I have the fuel injectors out. Is there a safe way cleaning them. Also I think they are closed, so can I blow 30psi air into them.

Another stupid question LOL. When I took the injectors out. I dropped some old oil buildup into the holes. Now do I have to take the intake off, or can I get away with it. I don't have access to an air compressor.

I have the fuel injectors out. Is there a safe way cleaning them. Also I think they are closed, so can I blow 30psi air into them.
There really isnt any way for you to clean them internaly at home, you need some special equipment to do the job properly. Yes they are closed right now and DO NOT blow air into them.

Another stupid question LOL. When I took the injectors out. I dropped some old oil buildup into the holes. Now do I have to take the intake off, or can I get away with it. I don't have access to an air compressor.The only stupid qeustions are the ones you dont ask, so dont be affraid to ask qeustions. Its not good to drop crud into the openings, but whats done is done. Make sure there is nothing hung up in the openings and make sure they are clean and free of obstructions. When reinstalling your injectors wipe alittle motor oil on the O rings and reinstall. Hope this helps. :)

Ok I will just leave the injectors alone, and oil the o rings.

So I don't have to worry about that crap going into the holes.

Thanks for the help

Back