ATTN: Canadian SCers!!

MIKE 38sc

After hearing some of the horror story's about the prices you guy's are being charged up there for Geniune Ford parts from dealers I had a talk to my parts guy and worked something out for you.
Contact Dan Newman at Joe Cooper Ford here in the states the # is 1-800-266-6049 ask for Dan and tell him Mike sent you.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised on the price difference.
Dan tells me he ships parts to Russia,Japan,Europe and all over the world. He said Canada would be NO problem. The parts would be delivered right to your front door by UPS. I asked him about any customs delays and he told me that he has'nt been having any problems with that.
Dan is good about finding those so called discontinued parts that people have been running into lately.
This offer is not only for the Canadian fellas either. Any of you need real Ford parts at very good prices just give Dan a call and tell him Mike sent you. If its in the Ford inventory anywhere he will find it and get it to you.
Hope this helps some people out.:)

Thanks for thinking of us Mike. I'm a prts guy at a dealer just outside Toronto, and try to keep an eye on U.S. versus Canadian pricing. There are many instances though where the reverse is true as well. I've seen cases where something will be X dollars up herein Canuckistan money, and be the same X number of dollars in the U.S. ... meaning you guys are getting boned sometimes too !! ;)

For any Canadian members who aren't familiar with me, I'm the president of the Ontario chapter, and I offer discounts to all Canadian SCers on Ford parts. Check my sig. for a link to my post on the Ontario chapter forum for some popular parts pricing. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to export to the U.S., per the dealer agreement with Ford of Canada. And I'll bet that Dan doesn't have as many SC parts on the shelf as I do. :D

BTW, glad to see that Dan is back in a dealership again after his bad experience at Five Star Ford. Never had the pleasure of speaking with him, but from all the posts I've seen here and over on TCCoA, he sounds like a stand-up guy who does a great job helping everyone out.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Hey there ED!
I hope I didnt step on your toes there I didnt know about you or I'd spoke with you first before posting.:)
I've seen a couple guys from up there talking about having to pay over $300.00 Can. for a DIS module. I could'nt beleive it. I was just trying to help out, thats all.
By all means the Canadian fella's ought to try you first but I had'nt heard you were a Ford parts guy. sorry.
Youre right about the pricing, its really weird some things cost less there and some things costs less there. Really doesnt make much sense to me, but thats the way it is. LOL!!

I hope theres no hard feelings Ed. I really didnt intend to step on you toes.:eek:

No worries Mike ... if the guys can get some of the stuff cheaper buying from Dan, that's OK by me ... I don't expect to get all the sales up here !! I usually try to direct the club members to aftermarket stuff as well, if I'm sure it's a better value for price vs. quality compared to Ford OE stuff. It always pays to make at least a few phone calls before you lay down your money, that's one thing I've learned from being on both sides of the parts counter over 20 + years in the automotive hobby. ;)

cheers
Ed N.

Your right Ed, I've probably spent more time on the phone or internet sourcing parts than I have tied up in building my engine and tranny combined.
But then again I'm building an entire car so that does take time to round up parts.;)
Maybe I'll get it done one day. LOL!! :eek:

well, aslong as there are some Canadian guys here, I gotta know, do your T-Birds come with the lame automatic belts or did you get the normal 3 point, I know on some Nissans they deleted the automatic seatbelts, if so, is it possible for me to acquire a couple of the belts and the interior trim?

oh yeah, anyone know if it's legal to swap them out?

Thankfully the T-Birds and Cougars built to be shipped to Canada did not have the silly passive belt system.

Not sure on the legality of swapping them out. I know Duffy Floyd on this site got some pieces from one of our members here in Ontario, to convert one of his cars. You might want to contact him to see what work was required.

cheers
Ed N.

MIKE 38sc, & fast Ed N, how much can either of you get a 03 or04
Cobra blower motor complete for.I seen a ad for one in TX. for
$11900.00.complete.

Do either of you know of one in a junkyard,thats for sale.

RANDY

Randy This is the price for a 03 Cobra engine complete and ready to drop in.
Retail---$14,316.52
Your cost---$11,995.00
Core charge---$1,000.00
Dan says Ford is wanting the old engines back so they are charging a core charge on them still if you do not have a core.
Dan also says that the prices on this engine are going up and down on a daily basis because they have become popular..Hmmm.....I wonder why? LOL!!!!
This is a brand new engine not rebuilt and he said Ford has plenty in stock.
Pricey little thing for sure! But it would truly make the SC a SUPER Coupe. Now if I could only hit the Lotto! LOL!!!

Back