Not Impressed #2

nitrouspaul

As some of you have read I was not impressed at all with the eibach koni set up. The front is to high by about an inch and the ride quality sucks. It is still floaty and when pressed the springs don't settle in the corners early enough. I find the front to be to soft still and bottoms out when doing hard drives with dips on muskoka back roads at 120 or so.even at lower speeds the feel is unsure. Even the shocks are a disaapintment. The adjustment doesnt seem to make a whole lot of difference and the pressure seems low to me. Bottoms out on hard dips.I want to get into the stiffer rate of the spring earlier and was wondering what was the best way to approach that. Heat the first two coils? strap the first two coils together at a professional shop? scrap them. The guy at shox.com told me that the hr guys were former eibach guys and that the rate on their springs was 20% stiffer. I didnt want to ruin the ride so i went with eibach. Mistake for sure but hindsite is always 20/20.Now I knoiw why the hr guys left eibach. The ride is more ruined by lack of handling than anything else with eistocks.

Last edited:
Paul, have a look at this page on the MN12 Performance site for the comparisons on the various aftermarket spring ratings ...

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12-techinfo/springs/springs.htm

Looks like the H&R front springs are a bit stiffer initially than the Eibachs. The Susp. Techniques springs are linear, and are fronts are stiffer than the final rating of the Eibach and H&R springs. Maybe a set of the S.T. springs would suit your driving style a bit more, they are usually a reasonable price as well. And I'm sure that somebody in southern Ontario would take that set of Eibachs off your hands. :)

cheers
Ed N.

Well, I'm not sure how that highway compares to the corners at Mosport or Watkins Glen (there are dips and bumps on racetracks too), but my car with Eibachs, and the Konis set on full hard, seems to do not so badly. ;)

Maybe I just have lower expectations than you do !! :D

cheers
Ed N.

Back