Blue Tongue Motorsports

Aaron Pedroza

Might I say, Well done. I just looked at your site for the first time. You have quite a variety of parts for the SC and have expanded the aftermarket for SC's extensively. I have one question for you. The jackshaft pulley mod. How much slippage have you seen with the 8 rib system? I don't intend on running up past 15lbs because I don't intend on doing much more with the IC or inlet charge cooling. Is it worth the upgrade to go to a 10 rib?

Aaron..I was getting belt slippage and went with the 10 rib kit..Its a nice setup. I run two 5 rib belts for easy belt availability..A few things I;ve noticed..Brand of belt makes a big diference..I found Dayco belts to grip the best. Also ESM can cut an extra grove in your crank pulley for the jackshaft providing less slip on that end....Also I went with teh 10% jackshaft so I can run a larger blower pulley///All these things done I get 0 belt slippage now from what I can see and that was at 21psi..So I;m spinning that MOFO

Aaron, the new site layout is nearly complete and filled with much more parts that I carry but arent listed. Hopefully everyone will approve;)

Experience has shown once you exceed about 13-15% overdrive, the blower belt will slip. The 10 rib belt solves this problem, however, the crank to jack belt begins to slip next at about 18% overdrive. If you have an ASP underdrive crank pulley, we can cut an 8th groove into it to run an 8 instead of 7 rib belt. Is it worth it? Well, thats a relative question, is your belt slipping now? Please do not use the stock boost gauge to evaluate this, use a quality aftermarket unit like an autometer and see if the boost backs down at the top of 2nd or 3rd gear. If it does, your belt is slipping for sure. One feature to note about this system is you can upgrade it in stages. The jack pulley will work with the stock 8 rib blower pulley and 7 rib crank belt and it is a 10% overdrive. If you are experiencing slippage with your current 10% blower pulley, this will often be eliminated with just using our jack pulley since the overdrive is performed from the pulley's larger diameter.

Paul

I LIKE IT!!!!! Send me one, oh wait, no money. Ok I'll wait a bit then get one. Have few other things to do first then I'll get it. Wait, I am going to Vegas this weekend, I'll win big there and get a bunch of stuff. Ya ya that's it. Well that or come back having to wait even longer. Thanks for the info.

Back