Headers for the SC engine

SC-71 TBIRD

Hello All,

The question of the day is, what are the best headers for the SC engine and who makes and or carry them? Thanks.

Well, only one company makes headers for the SC, that's Kooks. They are sold through SC Performance. You can buy shorty Mustang headers and modify them because they hit steering rod, just as good but half cost and a little work. You can go with 98-99 Mustang tubular manifolds and modify the same way to fit. Or you can just port stock manifolds. Depends on how far you want to go and how much you want to spend.

Those SCP longtubes look soo purrrdy under the car. But forget about cats with them.

Anthony

Attachments

• sc_long_tube_1.jpg
    sc_long_tube_1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 350
PF&E also makes headers (or at least plans to). You can search SCCOA for PF&E and find a few threads about them. I called them yesterday and they only have one set made up, but wouldn't sell it because that is their fit up set. I think they said they could get a set to sell in a few weeks. Their headers are a bit cheaper than the Kooks and bolt up to the stock exhaust.

I also found this website with a few comments on them....

http://www.mccgp.com/local_business.php

it's not very flattering, but the bottom line is the quality is supposedly good.

You can call them at (586)949-3400 and ask for either Greg or Gary.

The headers that Silvercasket posted look to be the best designed headers for the SC yet. I've not seen them in person but they do look to follow the guidlines of properly tuned headers.
Mine allow for cats to be installed.

MN12 Kid:
Long tubes should not make changing plugs any harder, at least if you designed them right. I have no problem accessing spark plugs with mine. But of course I built my own headers.:)

TBird88 on here is also building a set of heads. And I am sure when he is finished and everything is said and done, he is going to start to sell them. I am waiting on his.

What!?!?!? He is building some heads? What a new casting for us that actually flows? That's some money, is he really doing that for us?

Hello All,

Thanks guys for the great info. It is hard to find any good information on modding the SC. I do prefer cats on my car since I live in NYC and this state is very strict when it comes to emissions. Thanks Again.:)

Last edited:
Back