9 seconds is getting closer..........

ILIKEJUGZ

Hey guys,
Well with alot of hard work and broken knuckles (LOL) we got a step closer to making my car a screamer. Rick said he has never worked on this type of motor before but it shouldent be hard. We are doing a Tremick transmition, 8.8"rearend, we are also going owith a bigger rots type blower. THat is costing me over 3 thousand dollars. I got it shipped next day so i should be here soon. It is comming together. I cant wait to drive it. ITs all for you grandma. Ill let you know the progres guys.

George

sweeeeet doood! did you overnight those parts from japan? I honestly dont know why you picked a sc forum to troll on. Oh and take a spelling class. Your threads are becoming harder and harder to understand.

George,

What blower did you buy ? The most popular of the larger roots type blowers is the M112 off a Lightning/Cobra or the Jaguar and both have problems fitting onto the 3.8 SC intake manifold and lining up with the drive belts.

I thought tremac was a manual transmission....which will make 9 second runs that much more difficult. You would have a much easier time with an automatic. BTW, you already have an 8.8" rear end.

David

What else?

So what else are you planning? So far your list of things you are doing is very short. Can you tell us any other things you are planning? Oh yeah are talking about a 9 sec. 0-60 time or 9 sec. 1/8th mile?

Scott

David,

I think he went with a 6-71 with a sheet metal manifold and a liquid IC in between. He said it was all going to fit under the hood too. If that wasn't enough he was going to strap on a turbo too. Oh and I told him he should go with a Jericho tranny for his ride but he wouldn't listen.

Last edited:
Aaron Pedroza said:
David,

I think he went with a 6-71 with a sheet metal manifold and a liquid IC in between. I think he said it was all going to fit under the hood too. If that wasn't enough he was going to strap on a turbo too. Oh and I think he should go with a Jericho tranny for his ride but he wouldn't listen.
lmao

and to ilikejugz if you mean 9 second 1/8th mile then I apologize, but if you are referring to 9 second 1/4 mile I will continue to laugh at you until you get banned which i hope is in the near future.

ya really, there are guys that have spent days months and years trying to get there cars into the 10s and 11s.. its not easy unless ur gonna drop in a v8, all i have to say is good luck but there hasnt been a 9 second sc yet and i doubt ull be the first one to be there it takes alot more than just buying performance **** i dont understand why u would do this if ur not doing most of the work urself its gonna cost u tremendous amounts of money... all the guysthat are in the 11s and 12s right now i have alot fo respect for becuase they have spent months and years researching this car and how it works.... THERE IS NO WAY A PERSON THAT HAS NEVER WORKED ON AN SC ENGINE IS GONNA GET IT INTO THE 9's THATS LIKE 500-600 HP ATLEAST OUTTA A V6

good luck ! haha

benifit of the doubt

Ok so maybe you dont understand why all these guys keep bashing you for your post. Ill give you the benifit of the doubt that you really dont know, It takes sooooooo much more than you think to get to where your talking about. Ive had 1.3 liter rotary engines run low 12,s and thats awesome but it took ALOT less rthan making my SC run 13's for christ sake!!! Im 6 grand into it and id like to think that I got a pretty torkey SC with some decent HP, but im no where near the 9's. some of these guys have put pints of blood past the 20 grand they spent and they run 11's...THATS ALL. sorry dude im not gonna make fun of you for all I know you are rich as S#!t or just a kid but you arent gonna make it, im sorry. If you do Ill put that your the man as my signature for a whole year!:rolleyes: Im sorry for the cynisism but Most of us do our own work and even if you do make it to the 9's your not the man...your mechanic is.:p

9 seconds is getting closer

It will turn 9 flat If you shove it out of a c5 globemaster at 25000 feet. Make sure you have a chute and take pictures.

Re: 9 seconds is getting closer

tim said:
It will turn 9 flat If you shove it out of a c5 globemaster at 25000 feet. Make sure you have a chute and take pictures.

No no no no......Dont use the chute! Why not go for 8 secs? :eek:

I beg to differ with Stephen.

The SC's in the 11's are making well over 500HP. I don't have a chart here, but to get a car the size & weight of an SC into the 9's has got to take close to 750-800HP!

If it takes about 250HP to get into 14's - 350hp to get into 13's - 450-500 to 12's - 500+ to break into the 11's.

You get the picture. :p

Lee

BTW: Tim, I'm still waiting for the tidal wave. :D

wow... talk about a friendly msg board? No one can believe him or nething! This is starting to really get pathetic.... i mean, holy crap, maybe he won't make it but don't make it even harder for him to try... i mean f***! Its like the chainsaw masacar all over again, one day we're all gonna answer our front door in middle of dinner to an axe rite between the eyes! Give 'em a break already!

I am just having fun with the guy. I just think he is messing with us. I mean he only has what 10 posts and a name like ILIKEJUGZ and no technical knowledge to back up what he is saying. You have to know this guy is just messing with us and we are just playing along with him. Besides, my first post to this guy was saying that it is possible to get an SC into the 9's. And I still believe it is, Chris can do it if he wants to gut his SC and make it a pure drag car. There isn't anything in the rules about keeping the interior. You could also build a turbo motor by the rules so it can be done. Hell they have little FWD 4 banger's in 8's why can't we get there with RWD and two more cylinders?

Hi,
My name is Rick Dodd. I am building this car for George. He told me about all the negitivity going on about this 9 second car and it kinda ticked me off. This kid has over 100 thousand dollars inherited from his grandma and is ready to do this. I come from a long history of drag racing and performance cars in general. This project intrested me so I am taking it on. I have Jim Jates building my heads and many other soures that have my back on this. I dont really want to waist my time talking to all of you skeptical people, but it will be done. Welcome to the new standard in the world of SC's. We are about to take this to the next level. Just wait.

Rick

then stop talkin and prove us wrong, 2 words...dyno slip. And if you do Ill laugh my #$$ off at all of us.:eek: :D but hey do it up, good luck. Oh by the way was that Jim Jates or Jim Yates building your heads? Just wondering cuz im related to a FEW famous racers by the Yates name.
Mike Yates

Last edited:
I basically agree with everything Aaron Pedroza is saying. First of all any serious automotive enthusiast will not have "I like jugz" as his handle. Second of all any serious automotive enthusiast will give more detail about what they are doing, and they wont have typographical errors. Examples : "we're working the heads and putting a bigger blower on." Uh, ok; what are the flow specs of the heads? and which style of roots blower are you going with? are just a couple questions to throw at him. oh btw, who is Jim Jates????? also "rick" where is the url to your website, or what is the name and address of your business, if you're such a highly qualified mechanic. Also, what and where are your credentials from?
Like I stated previously it might be because I frequent NUMEROUS automotive forums, but I can spot a troll a mile away and unless I see evidence that this guy is legit I'm raising the BS flag. ILIKEJUGZ's only intention is to get us in an uproar(which unfortunately he is starting to do) and fight. If the mods would see this and ban him it would solve lots of future issues.

.... what can i say?.... that writing style defitely proves that it was someone else... George has a completely different writing style... I honestly hope he hits 9's... i wanna see an SC hit that, and when i go to the track and see him race i can say "He's part of our club, and even tho no one believed in him he still tried and look where he is now." I'm not sure if its just jealousy or what. I used to tell everyone i met that i was part of this club... i was proud, i'd be embarrassed if someone i told that to read this thread... i'd rather take an a$$ kicking infront of my whole school by a god damned grade 5 then be labeled under this $h*t... Some of you guys disgust me... u know who u r.

Just wait
I can't...
PS: I'm gonna stand up for this new guy... and i don't care if he makes it or not... if we all gave up we'd all be digging ditches and collecting garbage... if he doesn't make it, i don't care, i'll take the bullet and be named club idiot, someones gotta believe in him and i just can't wait until he shows up at a shootout w/out giving any updates and wastes all u guys, he won't waste me... i won't be there:D

motocross_masta said:
.... what can i say?.... that writing style defitely proves that it was someone else... George has a completely different writing style... I honestly hope he hits 9's... i wanna see an SC hit that, and when i go to the track and see him race i can say "He's part of our club, and even tho no one believed in him he still tried and look where he is now." I'm not sure if its just jealousy or what. I used to tell everyone i met that i was part of this club... i was proud, i'd be embarrassed if someone i told that to read this thread... i'd rather take an a$$ kicking infront of my whole school by a god damned grade 5 then be labeled under this $h*t... Some of you guys disgust me... u know who u r.

I can't...
PS: I'm gonna stand up for this new guy... and i don't care if he makes it or not... if we all gave up we'd all be digging ditches and collecting garbage... if he doesn't make it, i don't care, i'll take the bullet and be named club idiot, someones gotta believe in him and i just can't wait until he shows up at a shootout w/out giving any updates and wastes all u guys, he won't waste me... i won't be there:D

you seem like a nice person, but obviously have no idea what it takes(not necessarily financially) to run 9 seconds or quicker in the 1/4 mile. I'm not even going to attempt to disect your last thread, but let me say this: I can type professionally or as crappy as I want, it's pretty easy to have multiple identites online. As for me I'm done wasting my time with this thread and any others posted by ILIKEJUGZ.

Motocross_Masta- do your research and you'll see what it takes to run those times and you'll also be raising the bs flag.

Aaron Pedroza- I'm assuming you're like me and know when not to feed the neighborhood trolls.

ILIKEJUGZ- I'm happy you are the richest kid in the world with all of the hundreds of thousands of dollars you inherited from your dead relatives; however you must have have missed the line when god was handing out brains because if I inherited that much moolah I'd be rollin' a new Mercedes E55. You also might want to contact an accoutant because I'm sure he wouldn't see investing well over $70k in a car that you will turn around and sell for $20k(if you're lucky) as a wise investment.

Back