engine problem

Tim Moore

last night the engine was idiling at around 500 and was missing like crazy but if you reved it up it would run better. This morning it would not start so i ran the code reader and 214 and 118 code came up. Code 118 is Engine coolant temputure sensor above maximum voltage/ 0 to -40 F indicated. Code 214 is Cylinder identification circuit failure. I need to now what this means and what i have to do to fix it.

I got 214 on my 95 and it was cam sensor. Replaced and problem solved. But, it was funny. I searched on here for 214 and everyone said idling associated with it. Mine was running fine, maybe a little down on the gas mileage, but that was it. At least it got rid of that intermittent check engine light!

Code 214 is Cylinder identification circuit failure.Cam sensor is dead, replace sensor.

Code 118 is Engine coolant temputure sensor above maximum voltage/ 0 to -40 F indicated. That means the ECT sensor is out of spec, replace sensor.

Re reply

Thanks for the responces. I will change these parts and let you know how it turns out . Again, thanks for the help.

Back