freakin Clutch?????

RandenSC

I put a newer tranny in and it had a new slave in it. i hooked everyting up and trying to bleed the clutch. i am not getting any pressure. i have fluid coming out of the bleeder when i crack it. i have tried pushing the pressure plate back and still nothing. no pressure at all, and i have been pumping it all day long. whats going on here??? thanks in advance

Were the hydrolic line and master completekly drained? If they were (or are new parts) it is kind of tough to "prime" the system. What works for me to get things started is to leave the hydrolic line off the slave and use a small screwdriver pushed into the end of the line to open the valve, and press the clutch gently a couple times to get fluid moving through the master and hose. If the slave was already full of fluid, it could have a bubble trapped in the system. The fluid in the slave won't let the air escape.

DONT press the clutch pedal unless the valve on the hose is held open, or the hose is attached to the slave.

If you have fluid in the system, check the simple things IS the resivior full? Is the push rod from the master still attached to the clutch pedal? Did the system work before you removed the trans? If not, or if you don't know, maybe it had a bad master before you started...

well the master came off of my other car and it worked before. the master was on this transmission i bought and it looked brand new. i have checked everything and still no pressure. i'll try pulling the hyd line and open it. well see what happens, this is really fustrating. i have been pumping for 4 days on this thing
sucks.

Back