ac/comp out for second alt

nobunk1990sc

could use any thoughts you fellows may have on this one.
i have a 1990 sc and am in need of more amps to run my amps and driving/fog lights.
i cant decide if i should nix the ac compressor and install the secondary altenator in that location or if i should tap into my power steering lines and utilize that fluid movement to run a hydrolic pump attached to the seconday altenator in whats left of the trunk space

Why not just get a big alt to replace the current one. You can geta 120 to fit in there. Maybe even bigger. Find SONY SC, his real name is George, and talk to him, he did it. He drives a previous Sony show car that is loaded down with equipment. Pretty trick setup too.

this car shipped from factory with a 120 amp alt. and with only my temp sound system in place it died very quickly and that was with the addition of two gel core batterys and four 1 farad caps hooked up in what was left of the trunk space i also had an issolator in place. in addition when hunting for an inexpensive replacement i was informed that great caution should be used when altering the vechiles electrical system as damage to the eec could occur resulting in very costly repairs. it should be noted that my temp was requireing just over 60 amps of power and my final system will require min 140 amps not includeing all the additional lighting
ps thanks for the reply

You can get a ford 3g alt. custom built for more juice or buy one already built by like powermaster or someone--You do have to grind the factory brackets out to fit it in though. This is what I plan to do in the near future--The system alone in my car will pop a 200amp fuse if its cranked--but only if cranked--I have stock alt and optima red and capacitors etc...things are ok with this setup most of the time--you may want to ditch that dual battery idea-sounds like its hurting u more than helping
ideally u want the alt supplying all the juice
g/l

Back