VERY quick and EASY question

GREATWHITE666

hey, i just want to be positive. the exhaust manifolds form a supercharged cougar fit the SC right? they are all the same correct,,,, thanks, never hurts to be positive...
-Damon

You have to get close to the same year ... there are differences for with / without EGR tube fittings, and the 94 - 95 manifolds have a different outlet position on the R/S.

Basically, 89 - 91 are the same, 92 - 93 the same, and 94 - 95 the same.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

oh no

damn, i thuoght they were the same, well i was going to put a pair of ported cougar manifolds on my 95 sc,, they both have the EGR.. you think there's gonna be trouble? looking at them, the egr certainly looks the same, the driver's side wire hook in part looks a little diff, but i figure you could always splice the wires together in the middle to keep the original plug in.
-damon

Last edited:
If you put earlier manifolds on a 95, the passenger side downpipe will not line up with the manifold, you'll have to get the pipe reshaped. I found this out when I bet a pair of downtubes with high-flow cats, that were supposed to fit all years SC, but really only fit 89 - 93.

cheers
Ed N.

i see

well these are going on the same time all my exhaust is getting done, im not using factory downtubes... so the exhaust shop should be able to "work it out" doesnt seem too bad... right. haha. thanks-
Damon

Back