Turn signal lens

stocker 89

Windy day in Des Moines. I walked out side and discoverd that my Passenger side front turn signal had some how came off the car. Did not break just came off found it laying in front of the car. Lucky it didn't blow away.

So what should I use to put it back on ? Or What to do? Are they supposed to come off so you can change the bulb? I was thinking about using some 200 MPH tape HA HA . That would look great huh. Should I just use some silicone or is there a special procedure or glue?

turn signal lens

You can try using some 2 part epoxy from a local parts store, but I just would suggest finding a used one from the for sale forum or your local junk yard. Just my .02.

Jeff B.

Yeah, I was racing some guy in a Probe on the highway not too long ago and apparently mine flew off. He pulled me over off the exit and told me.

I guess it's not aerodynamic . :rolleyes:

I didn't do the turn signal lens, but I did do my fog lamp lens with clear silicon caulking. Haven't fallen off yet and no moisture has gotten in them. It's definately the cheapest way to go. I just rough up the surfaces a little and cleaned them off. I caulked it and let it set for a day or so at room temp before I put them back on.

Back