Aftermarket brake lines?

RandenSC

where can I get an after market brake line. I need the line that goes from the front, under the driverside all the way to the back. If anyone has done this, what size do i need and how long. What size are the couplings? thanks

You don't find that type of thing ready-made mostly due to most shops just making what they need.

You have two options, both require removal of the existing line.

In the first, you find a replacement piece of brake line, match the fittings, and then use a double flare tool to put the proper flares onto the end of the lines with the fittings.

In the second, you cut out the bad section of line and use a special union that is designed for splicing brake lines and splice in a new line into the section that is rusted.

None of which will be easy. I had to replace the line that ran from a junction block in front of the drivers side frame rail on my Ranger, all the way back to the rear axle of the truck. It ran beside a small space next to the fuel tank that had leaves and crap stuck in there. It rusted through the line. I couldn't find one piece of line long enough so I had to piece two lines together. And finding the right fitting for the one end was a pain, but i found an adapter. So I didn't need to make the double flare ends. But you might have to if you can't get the exact right length by piecing lines together.

Good luck.

Back