MAF sensor question

bigwilly89sc

i know that the new F-150 lightning has a 90mm MAF with 42lb injectors. thats awesome. just about perfect for our application if anyone wishes to make big power.

now the question is.... WILL THEY HOOK UP IN AN SC????
what will I need if I get these. because fordchips sells the MAF around like 180 i think and the injectors for like 350.... and you get 8!!! not 6 for for a whopping 450 if you get the SC ones... PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS....... LET ME KNOW!!! PLEASE THANKS!!!!:D

Adam
89 SC 5speed
B&M shifter, removed silencer
TOTALLY DAMN STOCK AT....15.36@92mph!!!

Yes they will fit/work but you will need a custom chip or EEC tuner to adapt to the larger injectors and LMAF calibrations.

David

PS: If your car is totally stock, there are many other mods you can and should do before increasing the injectors and using such a large MAF.

Last edited:
maf

do you still run your stock maf?
there is modifications to do first if you havent
works great with your stock 30# injectors.

my car is stock now, stock MAF, stock injectors, everything.
im putting exaust on soon, if not.... when i get it out of storage in the spring, also my gears are going in (3.55s--- its a 5-speed) then im planning on doing some intake upgrades, along with a fuel pump. if i rebuild and port the SC (magnaport II) im upgrading the plenum, TB, injectors, and MAF. i was wondering if the lighting MAF will plug in directly to the harness already on my car for my existing MAF, or what will i have to do to get it to work. someone on SCCOA in the members has the 90mm lightning MAF so i did some looking around and found it for a sickining $180!!! so if anyone knows how well it will work..... let me know..... also if anyone has any recomendations on anything, also im open to any knowledge i can get.

exaust plans: cut off everything after the manifolds, increase to 2.5" into the magnaflow resonator (dual 2.5" inlet, single 3" outlet) and run 3" single all the way back to a dynomax super turbo muffler. NO cats..... the hell with em, slow me down anyways. theres a lot of really fast mustangs running around my town.

Thanks, Adam

Back