Turbo351 dyno results

Turbo351

Running 15 psi on 94 octane pump gas (no octane booster) we managed some decent numbers. We maxed out the combination given the current fuel system and turbo size. We dynoed for 2.5 hours at Tag today and learned a ton about this combination.
From dyno tuning we picked up 65hp and 106 tq. We were surprised to discover the compressor housing on the turbo is too small to maintain the boost we wanted at higher rpms, and the partly stock fuel system is near it's limit.

The car was able to maintain normal engine temperatures with only a few minutes idling between runs. Intake air temps were 30-40 degrees F higher than what I would normally see on the street. We couldn't do anything about this given the nature of
the air/air IC on the dyno.

I have to say that Mel from Tag knows his stuff when it comes to tuning. He has a turbo race car (800+hp) and several customer cars with turbocharged mustangs. This guy knows his stuff. I was very happy with the dyno services and advice he had to offer.

475.9 rwhp @ 4400 rpm
621.8 rwtq @ 4000 rpm

Using 20% drivetrain loss which is very realistic because I'm running a non-lockup torque convertor, that is 595 hp at the flywheel.

What a slug ... you'll be lucky if that thing runs a high 13 !! :p

So what's next Wayne, a new comp. housing for the turbo, or are you going to see how many driveline pieces you can break with the current power level ? :eek: :D

cheers
Ed N.

What great figures. They can only get better which is nice to know. Now that's a project I wouldn't mind enticing a 2nd SC with.

Anthony

Very nice numbers Wayne...I wish you could bring that car down to the SC Shootout next weekend. I hope your taking lots of notes on how you did it, because when you start pulling those kind of numbers everyone will want to copy your set up.

David

PS: I think your losing more like 25% with the non-locking converter.

Back