Two racing Ideas...

TbirdSC93

These are just two ideas I'd like to do as a club...one of them I brought up before but didn't get much response.

1. Road Racing of some sort....It is kinda hard on cars so I understand not wanting to do it. I'm not set up yet for this so this wouldn't have to be done for a while...just an idea we can maybe start looking into.

2. GTPvsSC....The Iowa chapter does this every year and I thought it was a great idea. Don't know of any FL GTP clubs, maybe some of you guys do....

Well...thats all I have for right now. Any responses would be great! Just to be acknowledged

Same here JV, you youngens have all the power things done to yours, mine is just about as stock as the come.. I do have my TBird88 downpipes to put on and the Force II system is soon to be installed but it's going to be a while before I can do something deffinative with the transmission to even consider running her...

With age comes wisdom... (sometimes) I drive mine daily so I'm less likely to really be to hard on her... (sometimes) till I get her bulletproofed...

The 35th may never be a real runner, it's just going to be a garage queen when I get done with her..

But I'll go watch for sure!!

RJ

I'm about the same way RJ. I'm more worried about better brakes and a better tranny than gobs of power right now. I can do that when I have loads of cash lying around. (When's that? I dunno!)

Richard..... A bulletproof SC ????? Didn't know such a beast existed!

Jeremy.....Yes there a local chapter of the GP Club A guy that used to work for me had a 01 GTP and belonged to that club. They used to have track days at Orlando Speedworld with the GN club.
I would love to race my SC on a road course but the auto trans would suck big time. Now the Cobra on the road course would be a different story. I may be interested in running my SC on the 1/4 mile just to see what it could do.

JJanney..... Those GTP's aren’t all that fast. Now with some mods they will run but not like a GN that is for sure. The guy that worked for me had some basic mods done to his and with the right driver (not him) it did 14.5 on a cold night at OSW. The best he ever did with it was 15.0.

Bryan

SuperChicken89 said:
Richard..... A bulletproof SC ????? Didn't know such a beast existed!

By bullet proof I kind of meant,,,

"Built to the point I don't look completely lame and stupid out there by dropping blowing or speewing something all over the track!!"

:D

I spent some time on the GTP messageboards a while back and for less money than we spend, they can run faster. :)

Don't get me wrong these cars can run! They seem to somewhat limited by the FWD. But there are still some running in the 12's!

Richard, You didn't have to shout at me in your response! It was a joke.... Get it?

So this is where all the florida supercoupe owners hide..... I was gettin worried i never see any in Jacksonville. If yall dont mind keep me posted up on the shows I'll see if i can read directions and make it to a few. email me instawookie@icqmail.com i may need some help with headgaskets down the line and dunno any good mechanics.

I don't race mine either, but I sure would be there to watch.

Any reason for a night at the track is a good one IMO.

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

Wheres Mike at??? I think he'll have my back on this thread :D
I know the AOD will suck for road racing but it will still be fun....I just brought this up to stir up some interest...I want better suspension b4 I run a road course to...

My SC is a daily driver richard....:D If I could afford a 2nd car I would but then I couldn't afford the first car

I"ll race mine, do anyways every thursday. Usually a couple of gtp"s there. Haven't personally seen one do better than high 14"s. Next week I'll talk to them and see what they say.

Back