A/c

MercXr7-5speed

SCCoA Member
Did a search and couldn't find anything. When I have my a/c on, after about 10 minutes, it starts to leak cold water on the floor of the passenger side from under the dash. If I leave the fan on a setting lower than high, you can hear the fan motor squeaking from the water. Don't know ANYTHING about a/c systems. If I make a sharp turn to the left, it comes out the driver side. Every once-in-a-while, it will be hot as hell and burn my feet a little. Also after turning off the car, the windshield will fog up with tons of condensation. One other note, the vents will blow out some cold steam too. A/c is always cold as hell though. I am guessing it might be some kind of drain plug clogged and leaking in the car but have no idea where to start. Any and all help is greatly appricated. The car stinks for to days after using it.

Joe

Well if the water was cold I would think the drain is plugged. However you said the water is hot so that kinda sounds like the heater core is leaking.
When this steam you talked about is coming out does the air kinda have a sweet taste to it?

The air doesn't have a sweet taste at all. I too thought maybe heater core, but the water that comes out it always 100% clear. It is only hot maybe 1 out of every 20 times it drips. It's very odd! Where can I check to see if the drain plug is clogged? Thanks for the quick response!

Joe

EDIT: I am not losing any coolant either. Been doing this for 2-3 months.

Last edited:
You may not even be able to see it. My car is torn all apart so its very easy for me to see.
On the pass side of the firewall behind the big black bottle down towards the bottom of that bottle there should be a small black rubber nipple about 1/2" long sticking straight out of the firewall.
Take a peice of wire and poke around in there and if somethings stopped it up you should be able to work it out.
Hope this helps you.
If you cant find it let me know and I'll post a pic of it.

Great! Thanks. The car was left at home today becaue of a flat and I needed to get into work to meet a client fast. When I get home tonight I'll check it out first thing!

Joe

Back