Thank you all from the Demmitt family

Thank you all!
I appreciate all your support thoughts prayers and condolence's its ben rough heart breaking very sad times ahead.my father was a man of Speed and power lived life full throttle never lifting to loose him is a feeling words could never express.

Jim Demmitt Sr. was put to rest Sat at 11:00am in a beautiful cemitery in Placerville lots of SCCoA members where there I thank them from the bottom of my heart and all of you.

The Silver Bullet in memory of my father and his amazing power this car made will be retired both in a peacful rest. I will never forget how a man could make so much power from any engine as my father could do. history has left us and I have lost a father and close friend.

Thank You SCCoA & TBU there are no better people than all of you be safe and God Bless you all.

Last edited:
Jim, I offer you my condolences and prayers. I am going in so many directions lately that I had not heard about your loss. I remember reading about your father and his accomplishments when I was younger. His life was rich and full. I hope you have an equally fun and rewarding life in your efforts.
My best to you and your family.

Wow!! Jim, Sorry to hear about the lose of your father. My thoughts and Prayers are with your whole family!! What an honor to him that you are retiring the "Silver Bullet", everyone on this forum knows he would appriciate that honor. God Bless your whole family and hope everything else is well.

Jay

Again, my condolences Jim. I am sorry to hear of the loss and I wish you the best. I am very glad I got to spend the time with your father that I did.

Jim I am so sorry for your loss. I had only spoken to your father on the phone a few times. The last was after your transmission began to slip and he was expecting the car to be back up by Months end. Your father spoke highly of you and how both of you together worked on the SC.

God Bless

Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure this will be a difficult time for you, and stepping away from the SC is perfectly understandable. The amount of knowledge he has passed onto you will only help you grow in the future, so you can pass that knowledge onto someone else one day.

Best wishes,

Jim, thanks for being a part of this community. Your decision to retire the Silver Bullet is a noble one. I think I would do the same thing if I were in your shoes.

My best to you as you move on with your life. Keep your passion alive and take what you have of your father stored in your heart and look only forward. Though this has been a most tragic event, always remember how truly blessed you have been to be able to share a close relationship with your father.

Sincerely, David

Jim,
Im sorry, this is the first Michele & I have heard about your loss.
I understand your loss as I too have been through the same.
Be gratefull for your relationship with your father.
Take care & god bless!
Todd & Michele

Jim,
I'm sorry to here of your fathers passing. I think I know what you are going through as I lost my father to cancer over 2 years ago.
He always encouraged me to move on and make the best of my life, and I think about him every day. In daily life I still find myself asking, What would Dad say about this or that.

Our family member and our friends leave us, but the memories and thier lives will live on with us forever!

One of my best friends told me something that has been of great help to me ......... he said, "Be strong, and make your Dad proud".

Thank you all

So many Drag race people have sent cards.
He was a man of power and speed I will miss him forever we where very close racing all over the west coast in Pro Stock to A/FX 427 65 Mustang

I will carry on his dreams his passion of winning and pushing the speed mark Quicker and faster. I will be running the 57tbird in NHRA Pro Mod and in the west coast Pro Mod class in 2005.

Our goal is 6.17et at over 230+mph this is what we started out to do in 1997 now time to make it happin for my Dad and his legacy of speed and power.

thanks to all of you now moving on to faster speeds "Silver Bullet" will be retired stored in a quite place it was his brain child to run that quick true power like no other 11.911et its last pass love that car

Last edited:
Jim, I just learned about your dad's passing at the the SC/XR7 shootout on saturday. With a tear in my eye I'm at a loss for words. My deepest condolences.

Back