Another no start problem

derekhay316

Ok this isn't the first time this has happened (will turn over, but won't start). I've had this before with the fuel pump, crank sensor, and cam sensor. I've replaced all of these in the last 10,000 kms. ANy ideas on what else it could be? The shift up arrow is not coming on while turning over. I'll do a koeo test when i get home today. Maybe that'll shed some light. Oh i believe the IAC has been acting up on me w/ some very high rev starts, so I tried to clean it. Maybe it could be that?

What do you mean, hi rev starts? Does it idle hi at all times?? It could be your TPS.. Does it surge, idles up and down?? It could be your IAC.. I had similar problems with the no start and at one time it was the fuel pump, and another time it was the cranksensor.. Have you changed your module/coil...?? It could be that.. Are you getting a spark and/or fuel..???

Ok I just did the koeo test and it came up with these codes:
67 - Neutral drive switch open. A/C input high
67 - Clutch switch circuit failure
96 - Fuel pump secondary circuit failure

Any ideas here? The fuel pump has been working fine for 2 months and the car didn't die on me. I parked it last night and it wouldn't start this morning. Oh, and as i said before with the hard starts is that it just reved to 2100 rpms when i started it and as soon as i started going it would go to normal idle. Any ideas? Thanks.

You have a 5-speed correct.

67 is the same code . If it is auto than is neutral drive start on the transmission. If it is 5-speed it is clutch switch located on the clutch pedal. Check your impact switch for fuel pump problem . If it comes on then you are OK.

Inertia switch part # E1AE-9341-A2B

Drivers side in the trunk . Pull the liner back you will also see the keyless entry box and the green fuel pump relay. The inertia switch will be black with a white plunger switch that points to rear of car. Push the white plunger in . If plunger is out sensor has been set off.

Last edited:
This is awesome. It actually worked. I've tried that every other time the car wouldn't start. Kinda glad it was just that this time. Wonder how it got triggered???

Back