so what would i need to do this....

darkstar_one

what parts please can u guys name... that i would have to buy to convert my AOD '91 SC to a 5 SPEED. Im tired of driving an AUTOMATIC and i want a 5 speed. please name the parts and price range. muchas gracias compadres... thanx

There's a hand full of people who have done this. One of them almost went crazy and had to sell his car to keep his sanity. It's a hassle but in the end, you will have spent money on what is STILL considered a shi**y tranny. Check out www.tbkhomeworld.com (never mind, he doesnt have it up anymore )and search for it there.

Alex

Last edited:
aod tranny any good???

Is your original AOD in good working order? Do you know will it fit in a 90SC? If so are you considering selling it?

well it was rebuilt about 1000 miles ago
.. i just need to adjust the TV CABLE cuz it shifts out of 2nd too early... its either the TV CABLE or the valve body is too loose or too tight... dont know... i want a 5 SPEED to convert my SC...
i think it will fit 89-92

also.. it has a SHIFT KIT.. bad ***...

I believe there is now a kit available to convert to the GM/FORD codesigned 6 speed transmission. If I'm not mistaken it requires some machining but I believe it has been made much easier. This might be available from Blue Tongue Motorsports.

As for the M5R2, I bet if you get a new unit from Jasper & install it you won't have many synchro problems, so long as you don't beat it constantly.

There is another link for that walkthrough which al mentioned.. doesn't work anyway and may just be a redirection but here it is. http://sc.tbkhomeworld.com/

There is information about the steps involved floating around on this & other SC boards. I think there might also be a writeup somewhere like mn12performance.

Hope that helps..

Back