what these codes are.

92redsc

ok, im waiting for a set of 8.5mm magnecors and some double plat. autolites to come in so i have decide to try and solve my CEL prob. i pulled codes and this is what i got

KOEO

#172; EGO lean
#214; cylinder ident. check failure
#212; lost eratic IDM

KOER

#111; system pass

Cylinder Balance Test; Cylinder #4 Low

my tach doesnt work every once in a while when i first start my car and ive heard this is related to codes 212 and 214, and that it could be a camshaft sensor. any one know what 172 is? im thinking the cylinder balance test said that because of my bad plugs and wires. #4 wire shocks me if i touch it with the car running!!! so im really just asking 172 and if im right about 212 and 214. thanks

Change your plugs and wires, clear codes and run the car for a while and recheck. If you are missing in that cylinder it could cause your one bank lean code since you are pumping air into the exhaust manifold and the EGO (actually a HEGO on a SC) is sensing the excess air.

As far as the IDM....could be the cam sensor but also the DIS Module. Cam sensor is a cheaper alternative and easier to change so do it first...clear codes and run as above.

well i want ahead and bought a cam sensor out of complete bordem and an extra 30 Gs. installed it, read KOEO again and got a system pass 111. ran KOER and got codes 116 and 538. i ran it again just to see and it gave me a system pass. does any one know what those codes anyways so iknow if they will come back? also while i had it hooked up and i reved the engine for the computer, the CEL blinked when it was in high rpms, but when it dropped below 3000 it stoped. wierd huh? any ways cant wait till i get my plugs and wires so i can go car hunting. i hope it will solve the rest of my car problems. oh, where can i find a vacuum diagram so i can start looking for hoses that leak? thanks guys.

Hey you forgot to hook up your engine coolant temp sensor

After you installed the cam sensor didn't you. code 116. Don't worry about 538 this means you didn't press the gas pedal when you should have for the cylinder balance test a KOER test.

hmmm

mabey i didnt, where is that? like give me a general point to look for and i will try and find it and plug it in!!! oops!

Back