Beat down a Mercedes C32 AMG

hytorksc

Traffic was unbelievable this morning going to work- just horrible. So after sitting still for like a half hour in line to get on the freeway, here comes this c32 AMG bogarting in front of me cutting into line. I waited until we got out on the freeway then my anger just unleashed (road rage??). I didn't really believe that my SC had this kind of prodigious power but he floored it and i floored it. I was on his bumper the whole time up to 100mph and then he let up for a while because of traffic. i had my wife in the car with me and he was by himself. The 2002 c32 had a 3.2L v6 supercharged, 349hp and 332 lbs/ft torque and does the 1/4 mi at 13.7 secs. The car weighs 3400 lbs. He should have beat me down real good accelerating but he didn't. He was at full throttle because i heard his supercharger wailing very hard. He could not pull away- we were pretty much even. That means my SC was developing much more torque than his especially since i'm 700 lbs heavier, and i had a second passenger with me and he didn't.
We got on another exit ramp to another freeway going around this long high speed turn, both of us at 70+mph- i was right on his tail at the limits of performance for the SC. He looked as if he was surprised that this old american piece of lead could hang with him. When we got on the other ramp to the freeway side by side, my low end torque kicked in at the last apex, i punched thru on the inside and handed him his ***. Then i was stuck behind another car and he blew by again. Then i caught him again at 100mph or so again, then we both just gave up. i know this wasn't a real race, but i was just mad at him for cutting me off at the first ramp. to my surprise this pretty much was an even match! i can't beleive my SC had that much balls to beat down an AMG Mercedes like that especially with all that weight. Of course the cold outside air may have had something to do with it but he had cold air too. yes i have most bolt on mods except for the magnum powers stuff. BTW, my wife thinks i'm nuts- maybe i am :)

Back