Center console removal on '90 5spd?..

TintedChrome

Ok.. I have most of the interior out.. except for the center console. I can't seem to get it off. it's all unbolted, but the parking brake gets in the way. I can't get it off w/ the brake up, down, half way up, etc... I can try to bend it like crazy, and it still won't come out without it breaking..

How the hell do you get this thing out? LOL I'm stumped.

I just did this last week, didn't have any problems. I took the 4 bolts holding the e-brake off, and was able to move it enough to remove the console. I pulled the console toward the back of the car a little, then raised up the rear end over the e-brake. Anyway, hope that helps =)

LOL.. as simple as removing the ebrake.. LOL

Man, I feel like a dumbass.. To be perfectly honest, I thought of almost everything BUT unbolting the actual ebrake.. my bad..

Out of curiosity, is there any way to pull it off without unbolting the ebrake handle? Like some wierd technique or something?

I just took my center console off a couple weeks ago and did not have any real problems. I had to pull the ebrake up and then after I got it off the shifter I spun it like 90 degrees and then slipped it off the ebrake. Maybe I just got lucky but I did not have to unbolt the ebrake.

Same here as SC in AZ, it was a piece of cake. Maybe some have more rear brake adjusted and ours will pull up higher or something.

Back