pullies questions

rolltide

I have a couple questions about upgrading pullies. I have a 95 5 speed SC. What is an underdrive pulley kit and what does it do for the car power wise. I see that SCP sells them. I have also heard about people with 94/95 SC's putting on 89-93 SC pulley. What does this do. Is this a nice upgrade and can you feel it. If I replace them do I have to do anything else to the car. I am upgrading my exhaust at some point. Thanks.

-Tony

tony I suggest you look back thru a couple pages on this board I believe both topics were discussed at length recently
in a nut shell the underdrive pullies are only worth it if ur looking for the performance gain --they have negative effects also
and the overdrive sc pullies are fine as long as you have proper exhaust upgrades b4 hand/
g/l
Josh

I'd recomend the ASP or March underdrive pulleys becuase they use an aluminum crank pulley. Another great, great pulley is the SCI aluminum jackshaft pulley. Super Coupe Performance carries those also. Awesome peice. Yes, an early style pulley on your late model blower is good for ~3% OD

Thomas

Back