Supercharger Question

Renob

Has anybody ever tried rebuilding their supercharger on their own? Is it a very complicated process? Any intormation online on how to rebuild them?

Its probbably a better idea to ship it off and have it rebuilt, but i'd have to pay shipping and find a box and a bunch of other crap fitting of the SC.

can anyone give me any insight?

I personally have never rebuilt a superchager because i have not need to

Have you done a search yet . Do that. I have seen post from guys that have rebuilt theirs. you can order a rebuild package. Then you have to do something crazy like bake your bearings in the oven.

I was changing the belt and had the top off at the same time cuz i had to reseal the top intercooler tube at the intercooler (easier than taking the collar nut loose) and it was clacking at the rear of the supercharger when I moved it back and forth... and when I'm under load at WOT or partial sometimes above 3000 rpms I hear a clacking sound from the engine compartment. time for a rebuild? is it difficult to port the blower at the same time?

One of my first steps of becoming a mech. was rebuilding a supercharger. My dad had all the tools, so i used all of his, plus you have to be creative and make a couple of your own. The rebuild kit costs about 45 bucks including shipping(much better then shipping + 300) This rebuild took me about 6 hours, i also had a friend's dad with a press. From a scale from 1-10, i give this a 7. At some points you need to pound the hell out of the bearings and drives for they seat on each other properly. I say go for it, worst thing you can do is mess up and shaft or drive:).

Sergio

They are easy to rebuild, get a new drive coller since that is what usally makes them knock or rattle. Porting is also pretty easy but you need to know what you are doing. Dont touch the outlet much just round the edges. You want to work on the intake side of the blower and the intake plenum.

What about the bearings on the rear of the rotors? has anyone ever replaced these? I only ask cus they did not come with my rebuild kit. If they can`t be replaced what type of grese do you use on them?

mine sounds ok after 212 k miles i never put on a new coupler or anything just check the fluid when is rebuild necessary ?

Back