Found my nagging problem

scbird1

On my 94 The car would start right up but a few seconds later as the idle drops the engine would miss a little and rev back up and then return to nomal idle. I didnt think much of this till It started sputtering at wot. I ran the codes and came up with 111 on all tests. My plugs and wires are less than a year old and I went with autolite double plats. Here is where the weird part comes in. I pulled the plugs one at a time to check for cracks and gap. The color was perfect lite tan but when I pulled the plug on #2 the gap was.025 and not .052. after looking at the plug it looks like it was out of wack like something hit it but no sighns of inpact. Now im sure I didnt drop it on install as I finger tighten these first. well to make a long story short I regaped and installed the in the same locations and the car finaly has new life again. It idles like a dream. any Ideas on what could have caused this? I know I didnt have anything forein in the cyclender. The motor has always run quiet. At least its fixed but im just afraid it might come back to haunt me. Mark J.

I am hopeing it was something like that but why would it take so long to cause me problems?

Back