code176,212,542

casexxhemi

changed a buddy of mines cam sensor 3 days ago. today the car started dying. retieved codes 176,212,542

176 - 02 sensor indicates lean condition, left side
212 - loss of tach input to eca; spout circuit grounded
542 - fuel pump circuit open; eca to motor

What's the deal with these sc's and intermitant problems?:mad:

Hey Casexxhemi

Not for sure but gonna guess. First have you done any searches I have found that doing a search here on the sccoa can be real helpful.

176 this means your drivers side head or bank is not getting enough gas. Could be a number of reasons.

Bad connections for the next two.

212 check your spout connector its a square plastic thing on you wiring harness it is not connected to anything it is a jumper that is in the line it sends a signal to the TACH. shoud bee right around the A/C area mine sits right on top of the A/C.

542 This is another bad connection. Do you hear the pump turn on when you put the key in the on position? there is a primary circuit from the eca and a secondery circuit for the emergency cut off in case you get in a wreck.

I'm starting to suspect a bad eca relay. It supplies power to the MAF, SC bypass sol., Fuel pump relay, & purge canister. also the egr vacuum reg. sol, which is tied to the crank,cam sensor & dis module.

Back