Iowans??????

Re: Iowans??????

Im in manchester Ia, Its south of Ceder Rapids West of dabque and east of waterloo.

Cool, I live in the des moines area. What year do you have?
Mods? Nice to see a nother iowan
Seeya

Iowans

Live in North Liberty...north of Iowa City about 5 miles ... 93\auto\red

Are you two going to the Nat'l meet in September?
... if it happens? I have the time off, and plan to attend ... if it does. - Dave

Any plans of us getting together sometime?

:D

Re: Iowans

I am going to be living in Ames and going to
Iowa State in the fall, I am in the processo of
rebuilding the SC, I want to go to the National Meet
Though, Ya though that would be cool if all of iowans could
get together

RJ

im located in Iowa. Des Moines. i think i remember telling you that once before? The name looks familiar. i could be wrong though.

Ya I remember you!
THe one with all the T birds! lol
I live over in clive and work at my dads station
cady corner from the ice arena. You?

RJ

hey RJ...

im on the North side of DM. A couple miles south of I35/I80 (South of Ankeny).

Clive? i go out that way often. Thats not far at all for me.

If you want to get together and meet, email me.

You can email me at:
tc87bird@aol.com

Hey you two...

Any chance we all could get together sometime?
Who's goin' to the Nat'l meet? - Dave

:eek:

That would work for me! Not sure if I am going to
the nationls or not, I am in the process of rebuilding the
bird, got it on the stand yesterday and i am on my way down
to tear it down to the block, I wouldnt mind getting together sometime that would be cool.
RJ

It really wasent to bad took about 2.5 hours,
Got to take the piston and cam out other than that
every thing is in piesces. Hey do any of you know how
to port and polish heads? Or port the exhaust manifolds?

Thanxs
RJ

RJ,

Sorry i dont. And from the sounds of it, neither do you. i would suggest having someone else do it. Even if i knew a little about that, that is something i myself wouldnt do. lol.

Hey, do you want to meet sometime soon? i can go out to Clive just about anytime.

And maybe i can give you a hand? i dont know a lot about the Super Coupes, so maybe you could make me learn about the Super Coupe. But i do know quite a bit about the T-Birds and some other things.

Email me if you want to meet or let me know here.

JT

Iowans

Portin' & polishin' wasn't a passing class for me in school...
I too, just had my engine replaced...I didn't do it.

There is a story that goes along with the engine/install...but right now, I don't feel like writing a book. It's a sad sad story:(

Good luck with your rebuild! - Dave

Whats up guys?!?

Hey guys I'm 17 and on the south side of Des Moines. Indianola Ave & Evergreen to be exact right next to the Casy's. My super coupe WAS nice until I spun on some ice (its my only car) in the winter and hit a sign post, (on a road off of army post rd) destroing half my bumper and a tail light. But other than that its ok. I also got pulled over by the cops for going really fast on SE 14th (80 in a 40) see the post on the non-technical forum: "Pulled over for the last time last night". So I will probable be losing my license pretty soon here. Even though i'm fighting my tickets in court (Reckless driving, running a red, and Drag Rracing [BS]). I still love my sc. If I lose my license I will probable sell the car and buy a 94-97 firebird formula, trans am or camaro z28 anything with a LT1 when i get my license back (in november).

I know the super coupe is bad ass with the supercharged 3.8 and all but I want something fast with less mods and less trouble. If it wasnt for my parents I wouldnt be able to keep it running with the cash i'm pulling in on a part time job.

Any way i'd like to meet fellow SC owners in the Des Moines area. I often visit urbandale friends so anything within that distance would be fine.

Cya guys around.
Phil
kanz0r@home.com

Re: Whats up guys?!?

Hey Phil,

Well im on the North side of Des Moines.

i dont have a Super Coupe, but i do have plenty of other T-Birds.

If you want to meet let me know.

Email me.

JT
tc87bird@aol.com

Hey

Im 16, I live in manchester IA about 40 miles south of Cedar Rapids. I have a 90 Sc, I just had a new motor and tranny put in. Its got a new front bumber cover. And its getting repainted next month and Im putting a new rear one on if they cant fix the current one to look better. I Have just bought the Cervings spoiler to put on. Then the fog lamps dont work and theres wholes in the front bumber for the conrering lamps. that should all be fixed by the end of may. Im looking to put A cD player in it too. We just put a new muffler on it and got rid of the resinator. And were also going to put a k & N air cronical on it buy then to. If i can find one.

Hey SCtbird17

I am from Pella, but am currently attending ISU as a freshman. Sadly, the car isnt here with me due to high insurance cost and the ungodly parking situation here at ISU. SCtbird17, maybe we ought to get together. I have an '89 with 64k miles. Its from AZ and has never been through a "real" winter. I wish I had some money to do the exhaust and intake, maybe this summer, maybe not.

bumper

Hey, if you get a new bumper, and your old one isn't in too bad of shape, ill buy it off you. Mine is in REAL bad shape. let me know

Re: bumper

Hey! I am going to ISU next year, Got an apartment
on south 4th behind the hyvee, now that we have all
these people in iowa we should all get together!@

RJ

Back