2002 T-Bird Introduction and Super Ford Weekend...

D

Derek R

2002 T-Bird Introduction and Super Ford Weekend...

I got this information from my regular board over at the TCCoA...

>>>>>>The 2002 Thunderbird is on its way!
Ford Motor Company invites you to join us for the
Oficial 2002 Thunderbird Launch Celebration

Friday, July 20, 2001
Ford World Headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan

Fun, Food, Entertainment and
Thunderbirds--old and new-- from across the country.
Be a part of this grand celebration of one of
the world's best-loved cars and become a part of Thunderbird History.
Look for more detailed information to come as we get closer to the event.
We hope to see you there!<<<<<<<

The weekend of July 20th-22nd is also Super Ford weekend at Milan Dragway. I believe there should be a big turnout at WFH from the TCCoA since the president is going, but more importantly, all Birds/clubs etc..from all years are invited. Probably a nice chance to be a part of history and meet a bunch of other T-Bird owners and drivers..

I'm sure more information will come out..there is a pretty big thread over at the TCCoA reguarding this.

-Derek R

Re: 2002 T-Bird Introduction and Super Ford Weekend...

Thanks for the info Derek. I believe I'm going to try and make it there.

Living in the metro Detroit area I have seen at least a dozen new T-birds on the
road. Of course all of them have the manufactures pltes on them. I will try to
be there with my bird. Keep us aprised as to what is going on and where we
could meet for the show.

'02 Tbirds

Yea those cars you are seeing in the road are known as M-10 cars. They are givin to executives,and such at the plant were they are built. There sole purpose is for real world driving. The people driving em are supposed to be using em for travel to and from work ONLY , but I know if I had one I would be all over the place. the miles are closly monitered though. The people are supposed to right down all kinds of performance,and quality issues that comeup for the engineers.

Re: '02 Tbirds

I'll be there for the event and I also plan on attending the event at Milan. As for seeing the new birds on the road I've already seen like 20 or so. It seems like they're everywhere. Damn I wish my dad could get a hold of one but he works in truck certification...

Derek thanks for posting this over here, i forgot to do it. Im almost 99% sure ill be there. prolly not with the TCCoA/SCCoA but with the Vintage Thunderbird Club International (VTCI)

Re: '02 Tbirds

Shane, you mean like this...

members.aol.com/hhetkowski/2002_Bird

I got to take a spin in one last weekend. It's not too shabby of a car. The price is high, but hey, look at the prices of the other cars that it competes with.

I like it. So do the police. We were going about 70mph in a 50 mph zone and they just smiled.

Should be a nice little meet on the 20th..

I guess, do you know somebody from Wixom plant??

I know at wayne assembly, I have taken a foci home for a weekend, I also have takne Towncars, Expiditons (Poolcars)

I think we should get a headcount for the Ford Weekend at Milan of who is going. I am going to get there early and if I know approx. how many are to show I will stake out a area for are T-birds. Let me know guys, also who is going to WFH on Friday the 20 for the Tbird show??

Ok, I'm going to Milan probably Saturday and Sunday so for anyone else thats going, see ya there. Also, I would like to go to WFH tomorrow. Anyone know what time it starts? See ya there.

18_19A.jpg

Hey Jimmy, Bill and I will be heading there around 10:30 am tomorrow morning. I know this guy by my friends house who was cleaning his 71 landau and he said he HAD to be there at 6:30am. But we should be there before 11. hope to see you there.

Thanks James. I got one more question. Where exactly in Dearborn is WFH? I'll see you guy's there tomorrow.

Back