Michigan-Midwest Meet...

J

Jimmy 2Coupes

Michigan-Midwest Meet...

Ok everyone, from reading over the last Michigan Midwest Meet thread Saturday May 5th looks official and Saturday May 12th the alternate date in case of rain (or snow) on the 5th. So here it is.

Place: Milan Dragway (off of US-23 south of Ann Arbor)

www.milandragway.com

Date: May 5 (alternate date May 12th)

Time: Gates open at 1:00pm but this time could be wrong. If it's wrong I'll post an update.

So my fellow SC fanatics. Clean up the Coupe and head to Milan Dragway on Saturday May 5th. Please post if you plan on being there so we can get an idea of attendance #'s. LX guru's are also welcome as far as I'm concerned. Be there or be (L7) square.

Re: Michigan-Midwest Meet...

If i can get the Sc running by then i will be up. I have appt in michigan for late april on the dyno. anyone want to have a mini meet for dinner or something that day.

chuck

I WILL BE THERE. NEVER BEEN TO MILAN IS IT JUST A GET TOGETHER OR ARE WE GOING DOWN THE TRACK.

I have three SC's as of right now that you can count in, and if I can get mine up and running then that will be 4 in all.

Kevin
89 5-Speed SC
90 35th annv.

I'll keep the dates open. If I can, I'll see if my friend will bring his XR7. (supercharged 5-speed)

C-YA

Chuck

I'll be there in my Titanium SC, maybe if I get my other one back from the body shop, I'll have my buddy drive it up there. The plate numbers on the black one are LONG 01 and the titanium says LONG 02. I may or may not run it at the track, I'm debating or not, I just want to go meet you guys and video tape your track runs. Are we planning anything for after the track, like a cruise or dinner or anything?

We'll see their Scott...glad you can make it. I don't believe there are any organized plans for dinner or anything but maybe we can get something together at the track if theres enough interest. Anyone have any ideas?

I say we also pray to the waether gods of MI and tell em to have mercy on our souls... We need good weather. (maybe some chicken bones strewn about my yard will please them or I could sacrifice a virgin

I'll be there in my Titanium SC. The black one goes to the body shop monday, but still needs a 4-wheel alignment, and a cooling system flush. I'm bringing my friend Joey with me, I don't know if he's ever been to a drag strip. Is the track reserved for us, or is it an open test/tune day? How much will it cost to run? I will try to get 2 of my SC buddies to bring there cars and follow me up there.

I am planning on attending. Not sure yet. I am hoping to get Tom Champagne to come.
Steve Scudder
89 SC 5-Speed Titanium
[email]sscud1@juno.com[/email]

Scott, the track is not reserved for us. Saturday the 5th is a race day as well as test and tune day. It's $30.00 to race and $20.00 to test and tune. I usually test and tune and leave the racing to the big dogs. If your not sure what you want to do just pay the $20.00 for test and tune and if you change your mind later and want to race you can pay the additional $10.00.

Steve, I hope you and Tom can make it. Saturday is still a few days off but so far it's looking good weather wise.

BTW, I took my 1994 automatic SC (the slow one) to Milan Dragway this past Sunday to try and better my 14.950 @ 92.13 mph previous best. I was able to turn a best of 14.461 @ 94.37 mph with minimal modifications to the car. The weather conditions were damm near perfect. It's to bad we didn't have the meet on that day. I'll be brining my 1995 5 speed Saturday.

Hey Jimmy, what mods do you have on the auto? I ran a 15.3 on the G-Tech Pro with my 1990 Auto with my 320lb buddy in the car. I was so surprised at that. I had to manually shift it and stage the launch with the brakes and gas. I ran a 15.8 in D and that impressed me, that was my first run. I figured thats about right for an auto, then I manually shifted a 15.5 and then tried to stage the launch and manually shift and I ran a 15.32@89.1mph Not bad for a 1990 with 165,000 miles on it. My only mods are K&N filter, removed air silencer, and a nice dent in the trunk lid and cracked tail light from the previous owner. I think the dent must have lowered my et. by a .1 or .2 hehehe. Are you and I the only midwest guys with 2 SC's?

Scott, The mods on my automatic are:
intake air silencer (resonator) removed.
K&N panel filter.
MN12 Performance 3" intake tube.
SCP 3/4" raised supercharger top.
SVO 5% overdrive pulley.
MN12 Performance exhaust.
Trac-Loc differential.
3.55:1 gears.
Injecttech trans separator plate (shift kit).
BFG drag radials were used on this run as well.

A remanufactured short block was installed under warranty last fall at a local Ford dealership and since the tech that did the install is a friend of mine he let me take the heads, intake manifold (since they were off anyway), and new gaskets for a few days. I took them to a local engine builder that specializes in head work who did a three angle valve job, some minor cleanup, and port matched the heads and intake.

Ya, that's pretty good for 90 with 165,000 miles on it. If you can get a hold of some drag radials you should be able to at least break into the 14's with it according to the G-Tech.

I'm pretty sure Andy Erickson has 2 SC's also.

I'm there

I'll be there with the 96 v8 LX. The 90 xr7 is not quite finished. I'm still waiting for the tranny to be done. There will be a couple of other LX's also.

Mark Kovalcik

Back