SC / GTP Challange Race #1 RECAP

F

forcfed93

Man, What a great time ........ If you missed it you missed out on a lot of fun. Among other things, I picked up a new respect for WRX Turbos and Eclipes Turbos.

For those who were racing, traction was at a premium. When the track temps are around 40 degrees its a little hard to get a bit. The GTP's were struggling a bit more than we were but it was still very easy to over power the track.

After making several passes, (Some of us more than others), we picked our dial-ins and it was on with the match racing.

We went into the event not expecting to do very well as the GTP's have a 1 second plus advantage on us. (All of them had at least 14's in the windows). But thanks to handicaping we were given a fighting chance.

It seemed like there were more red lights in Earlville this morning than there were at OJ's chase in California several years ago, and by the third round it was down to two GTP's and Three T-Birds. (One was a V8 LX .... Ata-boy Tony)!

In the end the final round went to yours truly when Tony donated it with a red-light at the starting line.

(Hey, I'm not proud, I'll take it any way I can get it). :eek:

On behalf of our club, we would like to thank the Iowa GTP club and Tri-State Raceway in Earlville for a day of fun at the track.

We enjoyed meeting the GTP'ers and we are looking forward to hanging out with them again soon. We will be checking the calendar and we will be posting the date for the next round of fun at Earlville so STAY TUNED!!!!

And here are some pics I took. Since I redlighted with a .494 in the first round, I had nothing better to do!

Notice the parkas of all the starting line personnel!!!!

Oh, and Mike didn't mention, 7 GP's and 5 SC's were there to race. 2 other SC's were there, but didn't race.

Dale

OK, so I like Grand Nationals. I don't remember his time, but he did 113 MPH in the 1/4.
DSC00155a.jpg

Just two more cars.
DSC00165a.jpg

Tony in his 1993 5.0 against a GP in the 2nd round.
DSC00157a.jpg

Same two, down the track.
DSC00158a.jpg

Mike and Andy(?) in the second round.
DSC00159a.jpg

Brandon and a GP in the 2nd round.
DSC00161a.jpg

Same two, down the track.
DSC00162a.jpg

Mike against GP in the 3rd round (Tony had a free pass in the 3rd round)
DSC00163a.jpg

Mike and Tony lined up in the finals.
DSC00166a.jpg

Nice Shots Dale ............... err umm ......... did you get any "Win Light" photos ......... Hummmm.

Awww damn! No win-light photos. :)

I think I was too far away to get anything useable there. Not sure. I just didn't have enough pics on my memory card to "waste" a win-light photo. So, ummm, I guess we have no "real" proof that you actually won it? ;)

Dale

Yes we do ........ I have the time slip and the winning Brackets on paper. It's kinda cool.

Email me your fax number and I'll send you a copy! hee hee

SC/GTP Race Recap

Pics look good Dale. Wish I could have been there, but didn't feel like getting up early to come over and watch. If it would have been closer, I would have. Sounds like everyone had a great time and maybe I'll be able to make the next one.

-Andy "Melon"

Oh by the way ........ Brandon had the fastest E/T of the SC's with a 15.082 followed by Andy with a 15.1 Both were piloting 5 speeds while the rest of use were just using the point and shot method of drag racing.

Good job you two! :D

Back