March meeting .... Recap

F

forcfed93

With the first day of spring just a few days away, the weather for the March meeting was no disappointment.

Sunny skies and the temperatures in the mid to upper 40's made it a great day for a cruise to Marshalltown and for what turned out to be our first outdoor meeting of the year. It wasn't quite shirt sleeve weather like the January meeting but we all decided that 65 degrees in January was definitely a fluke.

We had a great turnout, and among other things, the topics of discussion focused on upcoming events and plans for a few new ones.

10 visitors were on hand including Gene Adkins the president of the Mid-America Thunderbird Club of Iowa. Together, Gene and his club, the Cedar Valley Thunderbird Club and our SC club are making plans to hold the VTCI Thunderbird International Car Show in Iowa during the 2004 calendar year. Gene and Tony talked about the plans for the show and Tony also provided us with more information about the "Thunder On 66" event to be held in August of this year. (Check out the info about "Thunder On 66" at our website).

Tony also showed us just how fast a "Hopped Up" RC Car can run on a blacktop parking lot! (FAST is not the right word, but lets just say it was a lot faster than the service at the restaurant, right ROD?).

Also introduced at the meeting was our new club baseball style caps and jackets. They include our club name and the Thunderbird logo designed by Dale. They can be purchased by contacting the club or by contacting any club member. The hats are $12.00 each (Plus Shipping). At this time jackets are only available to club members and they run $79.95 plus shipping. (NOTE: Shipping Chargers will ONLY be added to orders that can not picked up at an event or meeting).

If you missed this meeting, you missed out on a lot of fun. Don't miss out on any more!!! Our next meeting will be in May 25th in Evansdale. See our Upcoming Events page at the website for the time, driving directions and location maps.

Our next club event is the Match Race with the Iowa Grand Prix club on April 28th. Drop by the website to find out more!

Hey, did anyone else come down sick after the meet? I got home a bit before 5 and by 8:00 I was in bed feeling like crap. I pretty much slept the past 2 days away and didn't eat anything for 48 hours after Applebee's. BLAH!

It's nice to be back to feeling normal again. Errrr, well, I'm not normal, but you know...

Dale

I didn't think the food was as good as usual but i didn't get sick over it.

Are you sure it wasn't from the gum you got from under the table???? hee hee

Maybe we'll do Perkins next time!!!!

NO!!! Perkins here in town sucks rocks. :D

Anything else? :) We might have to do that Webster's next time it's here. Or, if that's too expensive, I can come up with something else.

Dale

The next meeting there will most likely be September so you have plenty of time to find something ........ hee hee

March Meeting

It was very nice meeting most of you guys this past weekend. That Applebees was the worst in the chain though. Dale, I am sure glad I didnt eat what you had..... and I thought that the burnt ribs were terrible!

Maybe one of these days I will actually have another SC to bring........ or can I talk all of you into buying crappy old Bonnevilles???? Thought that it might be worth a shot!

Well, take care, and see ya later!
Aaron

Back