Chattanooga Meeting

D

dtdebuty

Chattanooga Meeting

Hey guys,

Im am in for the Chattanooga meeting. It would be nice to meet some of you guys and get some tips for my car. I need to get my AC fixed so maybe someone might have an idea on helping me out. I have tried 2 places and they both wanted $1000!! So I am trying to get by the cheap way. Anyways Ill be looking for the date of the Chatt. meeting.

David

Re: Chattanooga Meeting

Hey David, where at in Brainerd you live. I'm over in East Ridge, right off Marlboro. The names Tim, there is also a guy that about 2blocks from me towards I24 that has a 95SC by the name of Jason. Give me a shout some time if you want to get together
[email]demon_executor@excite.com[/email] or
698-3611

Tim?

Demon Slayer? Then is Stephanie really Buffy the vampire slayer? Come to think of it I could stand to have a few slain.

Oops

I used to be able to edit this thing when I goofed up I meant to type executor not slayer. How do you execute one anyway? Like an exorcism? What happens if you don't pay your exorcist? You get repossessed.

Air Conditioning...

AC used to be cheap....those were the days! The thing is, especially with fords (for some reason) when the compressor goes, it funks up the entire system. "Black Death" some call it (at least this is what I was told when I worked in the parts business). Alot of times when the compressors fail, internal parts make a lot of debris that gets circulated through the system. So the system has to be flushed.

The compressors for these are pricey (much more than the old Harrison [GM] and york compressors). If seen them go for nearly $300-500. Stay away from rebuilt ones, too. I've had more than my share of problems out of them. And the filter/dryer has to be replaced, as well as the orifice tube. Those are usualy pretty cheap though. Then it has to be retrofitted for R134a.

Unless they are having to replace other parts (condenser, evaporator, hoses), then 1000 seems a little high, but I'm not sure how much labor would be involved in all that. My only suggestion other then getting some other estimates is to find a mechanic that would be willing to do it on the side, although then you don't get any warranty on the labor.

Back