PDA

View Full Version : If you live in the Southeast US, please e-mail me

white91sc
06-08-2002, 02:53 AM
My e-mail address is atmax@aol.com if you would not like it public. I am looking for interest of adding a national meet likely somewhere in Georgia. There should be a major Ford show already, I'm still doing research. I would especially appreciate the input of any locals. Basically we are looking for a 2-3 day major ford show with opportunities for other things to do. The area must have decent hotels at a decent price. I am thinking probably Atlanta area. WFC and Carlisle work well for their areas. Perhaps we could get a similar number of SC's together. A half dozen or so Florida SC's make Carlisle each year, perhaps if attendence was high enough some new england and midwest SC's could come South. Anyway, please drop me an e-mail, I'd like input or at least to have everyone's e-mail address "on file" to get a yes or no on a date or location.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Jason Parham
06-08-2002, 04:25 PM
gmo1515@hotmail.com
There ya go dude
Jason

Mike Puckett
06-08-2002, 06:31 PM
The Fun Ford Weekend is a good weekend for that but it has already come and gone. Surely there is another big event this summer other than our campout/picnic. I'll check more when I get back from my trip this week.

cato
06-24-2002, 12:35 PM
cato421@hotmail.com

and I live in b-ham, al

tybo
06-29-2002, 10:47 AM
Hello there,

My e-mail is tybo7@hotmail.com

Live south of Mobile, AL

MickeyD LX50
06-29-2002, 12:24 PM
My e-mail is m_donley@knology.net and I live in Montgomery, AL.

http://members.tccoa.com/mickeydlx50/epbimages/Blkbrd40.jpg

Mike Donley

shfd739
06-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Mine is shfd739@msn.com. Live in Mobile,AL. Hope to get SC soon.

BurninRice89SC
06-30-2002, 01:15 PM
Poquoson (Hampton) Virginia here.... interested in mid to late autumn and anything after that... iboidigitaLL@aol.com is my email, add me if you want...

bentwings
07-13-2002, 02:55 PM
Hi gang,
I've been away for a while as I was moving to my new house.

Here is nice place for a car get together. There is a street rod gathering every Saturday afternoon and evening at The Cool Springs Mall in Franklin Tennessee. this is just 15 miles south of Nashville.
It's in one of the wealtyest counties in the country so it is a great neighborhood. Every fast food and franchise known is represented in this area as well as all of the motels. Grand ol' Opera is just across town as well as 2- 3 pages of night spots in the paper to go to. Nashville Sounds minor league baseball, Titans football (good luck on tickets) but lots of sports bars. Nashville Predators hockey. Nashville speedway for oval racing. There are about 10-12 drag race tracks within 2 hour drive. 2 right near town. I was just at one of then untill 4 AM last week!! Still running when we left!!
It would be nice to see the SC's land here for a Saturday. The vetts, usually 20-30 and tri fives 30-40 pluss Mustangs are usually the dominant groups. Unfortunately the ricers are trying to take over. Fat chance. There is always a rock and roll band with some huge speakers and often a local DJ. this is right in the mall parking lot. The mall has anything and everthing you could want. Even clean restrooms. The event usuall breaks up at 8:30-9:00 PM. There is another gathering across town at Rivergate Mall but I have not been there. forget about getting your SC fixed here. I wouldn't even let the only gas station still having attendants put gas in mine.
Anyway think about this place it is nice here.

bentwingblue@earthlink.net

bentwings AKa byron nelson

SCme
07-14-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey bentwings, being from the Nashville area, have you checked out this site.
Tennesspeed (http://www.tennesspeed.net)

Its a pretty good site. A group from here is always out at Cool Springs or Special FX during the weekends. Stop over some time.

bentwings
07-16-2002, 03:42 AM
SEme,
I get over to Cool springs several times a month. Missed last Sat due to triple header softball games. My old body was plum worn out after that. Haven't been driving my SC lately as I need some minor work on it and just haven't gotten around to it. Saw a nice all original 58 vette 2 weeks ago and a 66 Cad and a bunch of tri 5's. I had an original 57 chev 283 hp 4 sp in '60 that I raced for a while. I had every piece of factory info on the injection as well as everything ever published at the time. It was quite an amazing piece of engineering. Ironically it all came from WW 2 aircraft technology. !! All of todays electronicall controled stuff was done mechanically. Once you got it right it really ran.
Anyway it's getting late so I gotta get some rest.
If you have a SC there I'll definitely stop by. I'm usually in jeans tee shirt ( often aircraft related) and black Red Sox hat. 6' 220#.

I won't be there this weekend or next week end as my 14 yr old boy is playing baseball in the 14 and under World Series in Detroit
later
bentwings

SCme
07-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Every one from Tennesspeed.net post how good Coolsprings car show is, but I am from Chattanooga, so I have never been. I need to get up that way though, as there is a guy thats giving me a set of 3.27's for the ol bird.

Hope you boy's team does good in the little league world series