PDA

View Full Version : Camping meet?

Jason Parham
05-08-2002, 04:52 PM
There has been some chat in the past about having a non-drag racing meet of some sort around Nickajack Lake in TN. Do you guys still want to do something like this. We could even make it a camping thing and stay overnight. Reply if your interested and lets make this thing a reality. I know a really curvy road in that area that would really be fun to drive on too.
Jason

SCme
05-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Jason, you talking about the area around Jasper TN. Right off I24? If so that the area I am from, and my parents still live there. email me if you guys want to do this. demon_executor@excite.com

Jason Parham
05-08-2002, 10:04 PM
I thought you lived in by I24 between downtown and the I75 junction. Yeah the spot I was talking about is right off of 24, I think that road I was thinking of was near those huge fireworks stores. Oh I forgot about those! Anybody like fireworks??? Any Pyromaniacs in this club? We could shoot fireworks too!
Jason

Mike Puckett
05-10-2002, 02:18 PM
Count me in. I wanted to this last year but couldn't generate enough interest. Let's do it for sure.

Jason Parham
05-14-2002, 10:30 PM
Ya think we could do it before then?
Jason

ChateauDeNooga
05-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Hey guys. I'm Jason and I live up here in East Ridge, TN near Tim Newcom. If you guys aren't opposed, I wouldn't mind hanging out with you on the Nickajack thing. I can't guarantee anything at this point, but since your'e coming up to my turf, I should be able to swing it.

I suppose I'm not an "official member", but I do drive the right car :)

Mike Puckett
05-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Jason in Chatt. Email me your name, addr, email, etc and I'll get you on the membership/email list. I've just recovered from a major computer crash, say thank you warranty, and I'm restoring my membership list. Thank you Dan Lineback for the list by email. I'm going to canvass our members individually to determine level of interest. We need more participation. Lack of participation killed the North Carolina club. We've got a good group of hard core attendees but we need more y'all. When do we want to do this? June or July? Jason, since this your old stomping ground can you scout out a good, safe, location with suitable amenities and post it on the BBS?

Dan Lineback
05-17-2002, 11:45 PM
I'd be up for something like that....more along the lines of just a one day thing, though. I'm not too big on camping. Last time I went camping (unless you count the time I spent the night outside laying across the bench seat of a toyota truck shee-ot faced beyond belief, my head hanging out one door purging my stomach all night.....) was back in my scout days...damn near 15 years ago.

But I would be interested in getting together for a day and grilling some grub, hanging out, whatever... For the moment, I'm available virtually anytime.

ChateauDeNooga
05-20-2002, 12:49 PM
Well, about 3 gorgeous spots come to mind right off. I'll check them out and get back to you this week.

white91sc
05-22-2002, 01:15 PM
A multi-day, reasonably large meet would interest me. I'd be driving from Southwest Florida. Camping is something I'm a fan of but I can't right now, that'd have to wait a couple of months.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid