PDA

View Full Version : NMRA at SilverDollar

SCme
03-29-2002, 12:17 AM
Are we still going to try to have a meet at this. I am about 40-70% sure I am going, depends on the day. I remember Mike sending out an email about it stating some TCCoA guys were going also.

Also there is a guy down the street with a 95 SC. He's interested in the club. Will have to see if he want to go.

Been kinda dead, so lets see if we can "Kick the tires and light the fires" on the club...

Dan Lineback
03-29-2002, 12:41 AM
I'm thinking about going, but it kinda depends. I got alot of stuff going on, getting ready to graduate and all. The profs really pile it on at the last minute. Plus I've gotta get resumes out, and all that good stuff. It would be nice to get a bunch of SCs and T-birds together in that car show. But I really don't want to go down there unless there are going to be several there, y'know. I'll probably know for sure if I will be able to go by mid week.

5 weeks till graduation and counting!

Jason Parham
03-29-2002, 02:58 PM
Geez, after like a year and a half I finally get my Cougar running and you guys are wimping out on having a meet. Come on guys, lets do this!!! I plan on coming. Where is the Colonel anyway? I havent seen him around lately. Hey Glenn how abouts lets come down to Columbus and shred some rubber huh?
Jason Parham
PS: Im still trying to see if anyone is going to Atlanta Tomorrow. Anybody alive out there???????

Mike Puckett
03-30-2002, 07:18 PM
I should be pretty much recuperated from my bout with the bug. I've just got this irritating cough left. I'm planning on going but not racing. I want to show off my new edition. I bought LJ's 35th Annv. today. That makes #3 although #2 will eventually get sold. I'll get the broken front bumper cover changed out by the weekend so it'll be looking good. It seems to be in great shape. Hopefully it won't rain. Let's try to park together if we can. If we could all arrive right about the same time that would be nice. It'll be crowded. What time? The gates open at 9.

Jason Parham
03-31-2002, 02:05 AM
My suggestion would be to meet up ahead of time and caravan into the track if we want to park togethor. Basically like we used to do going to Atlanta Dragway by meeting at a Choke & Puke, sucking down some nourishment, and then hiballing to the track.
Jason

MickeyD LX50
03-31-2002, 06:24 PM
Hey guys, I am going to come up on Friday night and stay over. I am going to stay at the Holiday Inn at exit 136 at Perry. Do you guts want to meet there Saturday morning? I am going to be in the car show.

Mike Donley

Mike Puckett
03-31-2002, 09:43 PM
The Holiday Inn at the Perry exit is a bit out of the way. We normally get off at, I believe, exit 49 or hwy 49 one of the two. It's the Ft. Valley/Byron exit. Since we're coming from different directions, it'll be hard to meet up. Jason, you'll be coming in from the west. If you go to Columbus and come over on hwy 96, it'll be easiest for you. Robert Dennenberg and I will come down I-75 from the north as will Tim from Chattanooga. I'll be driving my new 35th Annv. Edtn. I'll swap out the busted bumper cover on Fri. I've been driving it and it's running really good. Not as fast as my 90 but it'll do.

MickeyD LX50
04-01-2002, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I noticed that the hotel was in the wrong direction when I checked the map this morning at work, I guess I will just drive up on Saturday morning and leave that night, maybe stay in Opelika. See you there.

Mike Donley

SCme
04-01-2002, 10:03 PM
When does everything get started? Its about a 4.5-5.5 hr drive if I get to come down. If I can scape up the money I will be coming down. There is a guy name Jason that lives right down the street from me with a 95 auto. I have meet him and he is interested in the club. I emailed him to see if he might want to go, so there may be two of us coming down.

Mike Puckett
04-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Mike, Columbus would be a little closer. You go to US 80 and follow it to GA 96 and on to Reynolds. The track is on the right just before town. The gates open at 9 am and it goes on until 5 according to the schedule. Tim if y'all left at 6 you'd be there around 10:30 or so. I checked and it is hwy 49 where you exit. Follow it to Ft. Valley and get on hwy 96. When you go thru Reynolds from this direction you have to make a dog-leg thru the town and then go another mile or 2. Tracks on the left.

XB70
04-01-2002, 11:56 PM
If so, looks like I will fall in with you guys this weekend.
I just heard on the local Columbus radio that SilverDollar has something big going on this weekend. I'll be there with the White 93 auto, but probably won't risk running on the track. I probably will bring my 4 year old to see the racing. Anyone coming through Columbus, I'll wait for ya on the way to Reynolds, GA.

Glenn

Dan Lineback
04-02-2002, 12:30 AM
Glenn: Yeah it's the 6th (actually the 5th thru 7th)

Since it looks like we will have a good turn out, I'm gonna plan on coming. WX looks good so far for Sat...mostly sunny, high of 71. Hope it holds true.

Mike, Tim, anyone else coming from the north: Do you want to meet somewhere along 75 south of ATL and caravan down?

Anyone else going to be in the car show besides Mike D. I could put mine in there (My red 91-- it looks good enough to show), but I'm not sure if I will or not.

Anyway...back to the books....

Mike Puckett
04-02-2002, 01:02 AM
Glenn, you don't show up this time I'm gonna throw ya in the brig. What time do we want to get there? If we know that, then we can work backwards to find a rendez-vous. From the I-75/I-285 interchange on the north side of Atlanta it is 2 hours almost exactly at 75mph. Subtract 1/2 hr for the same interchange on the southside. 1 hour away should be around Forsyth. And Columbus is what 1/2 hr away?

XB70
04-02-2002, 10:43 AM
I'll link up with you whatever time you say you will be on the way. Doubt anyone will come thru Columbus so i will probably link up in Fort Valley or some other place north of the track.

Glenn

Dan Lineback
04-02-2002, 01:40 PM
I would think we should try to get there around 9 or 10. If we want to watch the racing, it starts around 9:15, plus I may enter the car show, and registration is from 9-noon. If y'all (Those coming from ATL and points North) want to meet up south of atlanta, somewhere like McDonough or Stockbridge would probably be good. Maybe meet up with everyone else in Ft Valley or somewhere like that and all go to the track together. Just throwing out ideas...

Any way...back to my analysis of Lincoln Electirc's corporate strategy. Damn, I'm getting tired of school!

Jason Parham
04-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Im coming through Columbus. My dad might come as well. Maybe one of us should call Darren and see if he wants to come. I think his SC may be down but he can either bring his Mustang or the Mark VIII.
Jason Parham

Jason Parham
04-02-2002, 08:08 PM
Come to think of it beasically everybody west of Columbus will be coming through there. Mike D. myself, and possibly Darren (he hasnt decided for sure yet) will be coming that way. Mike, you want to meet up in Montgomery somewhere along the way? I'll be coming in on Hwy 82 and probably dogleg onto I-85 to Columbus. I tried Hwy 80 last time I came that way and was not impressed.
Jason

XB70
04-02-2002, 10:36 PM
I can hang out in Columbus but have a tax to pay. Going to take my kids with me and take them to the Air Museam at Warner Robbins AFB for a little bit while the action at the track finally gets underway.

No problem convoying from Columbus. Just let me know.

Glenn

Mike Puckett
04-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Dan, let's meet at the Stockbridge exit. We'll be coming down I-675 and we can get off there and jump over and meet you at the I-75 interchange. If we leave here at 7:30 we should be there a little after 8. That would get us to the track by 9:30. Robert Dennenberg is supposed to drive his down with me.

MickeyD LX50
04-03-2002, 03:27 PM
Jason,

What time were you planning to come thru Mtgy? I was planning on going up I-85 to the Wire Road exit then over to Columbus on Hwy 80 east. if you come down 82 thru Prattville and then down hwy 31 to Day Street, it comes out directly on I-85 North. We could meet at the Mitylene exit. There is a gas station at that exit.

Mike Donley

Jason Parham
04-03-2002, 06:07 PM
Im not sure when Im leaving yet. It is going to take me about 2 hrs to get to Montgomery. Mike P said his crew looks like they are getting there around 9:30. How long will it take us to get to Columbus and Silver Dollar from Montgomery (we may meet Glenn at Col. is the reason I want to know)? Also I dont know what time you need to be there by to get in the show. I talked to Darren yesterday. His SC has been down since Dec. but he says he may clean up the Mustang and bring it to show if he decides to go. Is the Wire Road Exit near Columbus or Montgomery? On my way back last time, I got on 85 somewhere near Opelika I think. If Im not mistaken Hwy 82 basically runs on I-65 past Prattville so I may do that, then get on 85 and meet you at that exit. I'll be in the XR7
Jason Parham

Blown94SC
04-03-2002, 07:38 PM
n/m

Blown94SC
04-03-2002, 07:55 PM
I hope to see everyone there, while I won't embarrass myself on the track...nor would the wife let me run her SC. When does all the racing start as I will load up the family for their first drag strip outing...

Drive safe everyone as this is in my backyard...

:smokin:

Jim Long

MickeyD LX50
04-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Jason,

According to my map, it is approx 90 miles to Columbus from Montgomery. Wire Road is one exit south of the main Auburn exit. It is a straight shot east to Columbus. If you go to Opelika, you have to come back south to get to Columbus. From Columbus, Reynolds is another 55 miles approx. Registration for the car show lasts from 9-11. I think if we left at 6:00 Central time from Montgomery we could get there by 10:00 Eastern time. I understand if you don't want to get up that early, but that is when I am going, maybe even earlier.
<a href=http://www.nmraracing.com/02carshow.html#show>Here is a link to the car show info </a>

Mike Donley

Jason Parham
04-04-2002, 01:49 AM
If 6:00 sounds good for you then 6 it shall be. In that case, roughly guessing we should be in Columbus around 7:30 CT or 8:30 ET (cant remember what zone they are in). So I guess if Glenn is still up for a convoy thats about the time we will be rolling in. Here that Glenn? We gotta convoy!!!!! Where would you like to hook up Glenn?
Jason

Mike Puckett
04-04-2002, 11:44 PM
They are expecting a full house of racers and nonracers won't be allowed to park in the pits due to lack of room. He told me that instead of bearing left to go to the pits to keep straight and follow the road down to by the staging lanes and park outside the track right there. If we can plan on being there by 9:30 and meet up there before we park we might be able to park together. Synchronize your watches.

Dan Lineback
04-05-2002, 02:27 AM
Mike,
Do you know what exit # Stockbridge is? I think there are a couple different ones, actually. Also, did you have a location in mind?

You want to meet there at 8 am, right?

XB70
04-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Jason and the rest.

Are you pretty sure you will be in Columbus that early?

Since I've got the tax to taking my kids with me, I will try to link up with you in Columbus or catch up on the road. My cell phone on Saturday morning is 706 289 5512. Call me when you get to Opelika or when your 20 minutes out of Columbus.

They are bringing me a rolling chassis of a 95 SC 5 Speed later on Saturday or Sunday morning. May not stay too long on Saturday if i have to meet the guy in Opelika on Saturday evening.

Anyone need 93 to 95 SC parts?

Glenn

Mike Puckett
04-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Dan, I'm not sure of the exit # because my map is old and has the old exit #'s. Look on the map, it is the last exit on I-75 before I-675 merges into I-75.

Jason Parham
04-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Glenn,
Yeah to the best of my knowledge that is about when we will roll in. Mike wants to leave Montgomery at 6:00 CT so you do the math how long it will take us to get to Columbus. You guys are on Eastern time right?
Jason
PS: I guess this means Im leaving around 4am from Tuscaloosa. Black Bettie is already gassed up and will get a good cleaning this afternoon after Im done with class

Dan Lineback
04-05-2002, 03:44 PM
You mean the exit just north of I675 (old exit # 75)?

As far as meeting up with those coming from other directions, are we all just going to meet up at the track? Which ever group gets there first stakes out a spot? Or were we going to meet elsewhere and roll in as a group?

MickeyD LX50
04-05-2002, 07:19 PM
Jason,Glenn,

Mapquest says it is 1 hr 42 min from Montgomery to Columbus and 1 hr 26 minutes from Columbus to Reynolds. If we leave at 6:00 CT we should arrive in Columbus around 8:42 ET, and arrive in Reynolds around 10:08 if all goes well. We should be able to cut some time off by going via Hwy 80 from the Wire Road exit since it goes straight east instead of north to Opelika and then southeast to Columbus (which is the route used by Mapquest)

Mike Donley

Mike Puckett
04-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Dan, that's a big 10-4. That's the one. We should be rolling in there 8ish. This is neat, we've got two distinct conversations going here with the intent of meeting at the same spot at the same time.

SCme
04-05-2002, 09:17 PM
Guys, looks like I not going to make it. Some stuff has come up and I have to skip the races. Hope everyone has a safe trip and a great time.

Dan Lineback
04-05-2002, 10:14 PM
Mike--
Any particular location at that exit? I'm not all that familiar with what's on that exit.

MickeyD LX50
04-06-2002, 02:00 AM
Jason,

At the Mitylene exit take a left at the bottom of the ramp and go under the interstate and go around the curve to the left and you'll see a gas station on the left. I'll be there waiting.

Mike D.