Must be getting slow in me old age....

X

XB70

Must be getting slow in me old age....

Just complete the grueling task of replacing all ball joints upper, lower, suspension bushings, strut rod bushings (all), stabalizer link end, and tie rods. Talk about your PITA!!!

Perhaps I am not as quick as I use to be, but it sure seemed to take more time than it should have, to include pressing out the lower ball joints and lower arm bushing.

Just took the 93 for a test drive. Aside from the fact that it still needs to go on the alignment rack, the improvement is very noticeable and the ride has improved.

Next one is the XB70. Hopefully it will not take so long. I can't afford to give up so much time to reparing cars.

Glenn

Re: Must be getting slow in me old age....

I know what you mean, Glenn. Except at 54 it's worse. I'm on Celebrex now and that really helps. I need to do the same to my 90 this year. Can you give me a list of all the parts I'll need? Did it get rid of that tendency for the wheel to twitch when turning into a corner?

Yes the twitch went away so no brake problem

Mike,

The lower ball joint, being hosed prior to falling out of its socket would cause a drastic change in the Caster of the wheel under braking.

The job takes a while, but its not difficult. I bought all MOOG parts for the replacements. Best in my opinion. Upper ball joint has MOOG box but inside in a TRW forging (the original and only maker of the part I assume).

Got the parts from www.rockauto.com check it out. The listing is really easy to follow with the opening folders and find all the parts numbers you need.

Glenn

Celebrex Huh?

Sounds like some sort of nude celebrity website! Hey Mike, whats the address?????HEHEHE
Jason

Back