Nice site !!

F

fred 4 pt 3

Nice site !!

Enjoyed the burnout vids, Neal !!

Where is everyone from ? Any of you want to latch onto the SCCOSW convoy on the way to Carlisle this year?
Going I 40 east to I 81 northeast to York PA, and the PA turnpike to Carlisle.

Re: Link up going to Carlisle, hell yes.

I recon. Neal's burnouts were cool.

I suppose I will link up with you guys on I-81 going to Carlisle when ever you cross that path.

You guys in SCCoSE care to convoy up there from here? I will either drive the SC up there or tow it up there using a burly Duramax Diesel powered Chevy truck, but I plan on being there.

When do we meet again for a SCCoSE meet. Here it is January and the cold temps are making the XB70 run harder than usual. Speaks volumes of having bigger intercoolers for our birds. Like XR7 Dave's style or bigger.

Dan, your 91 with 94 wheels on the SCCoSe site is looking sharp dude. Any volunteers want to go up to Colombia, SC with me to tow back a 35th Anniv 5 Speed back down to Goergia? Hot motor massaged by Dr. Fred going in it. Hopefully ready for the 2d Annual MN12 nationals on labor day weekend.

Must run.

Glenn

Re: Nice site !!

I thought my 13.735 video was pretty cool, too, especially blowing off a 350 V8 Firebird. Glenn, the SCCoSE bylaws specifically state in version 1.03, book 14, section VII, page 29, paragraph 42, line 19 that "Thou shalt not own any damn Chivelays of any kind whether they be trucks, cars, or Corvettes". You gonna havta sell sucka that and get an F-350 instead. Oh and yeh, I'm go for caravaning to Carlisle. There is some type of meeting in Boone, NC this coming weekend mentioned in another post but it's too far for me to go. Some talk of going to Gatlinburg earlier but so far nothing has come of it. How about you northeast TN guys? Anything to do there? The strips don't open up until around the 1st of March.

I too saw that post about Boone NC meet. Did a quick mapit and its about 5hr /- for me from Chattanooga. Too long of a trip. Besides the World of Wheels is during that weekend. I think that our local 1/8 miler does some T/T if the weather in warm on Saturday/Sundays. I know in February they will try to start back running some outlaw races. While visiting a friend in Florida I met with Dan Holleran, Steve and Adam White. I can't remember Steve's last name, but he said to me that we, SC community, should try to get a meet in the Gatlinburg area, if the national meet was too far away, or try to have like a east coast before/after the nationals.

Steve is from the Knoxville area.

If we do try some kind of meet in that area, we need make sure not to schedule it around a rod run weekend. Its way too crowded up there to do anything. Though there are tons of nice cars.

Fred: Glad you liked the site. Hopefully we'll have some more burnout/racing vids, etc coming in the near future.

Glenn: Thanks for the complement on the 91, although I have since put the original 91 wheels/tires back on it. The 94 wheels have the 245/50s on them, which I used when I ran it at the dragstrip back in the fall. The stock 225/60s seem to give a little smoother ride. Besides, my 94 just didn't look right with the early wheels on it.

A meet in feb would be nice. I'd be willing to go just about anywhere within a 2-3 hr drive.

Anyway, back to the books. School is hell! 16 weeks till graduation!!

Carlisle run

Doesn't I-80 go right thru TN, couple of you guys could latch on, there. Shucks, Glenn, was hoping the mill could make an appearance at Carlisle.

Re: Carlisle run

Fred,

I-81 is the one that starts East of Knoxville and takes up to Harrisburg. I will link up on I-81 somewhere in southern Virginia.

Yeah I would like to have the motor running and going for Carlisle but I am almost bankrupt in two key areas: 1) Free Time, 2) Sympathetic Wife.

Remember I still have the Secret SC to tell her about. 22 months in hiding and still counting!!! And the 35th is also on covert operations. One slip on this and my next stop is divorce court, LOL.

Glenn

Back