Help w/ info on supercharger

wazmunstr

i have been told that if i mount a supercharger from the SC engine to the 3.8 non SC engine, my engine will die on me in due time... i have found great deals on rebuilt supercharger but i am afraid of mounting it onto my car and something bad happenning to my engine... here is my question:

other then buying the whole sc engine and swapping it out, or buy a vortech supercharger for mustangs, what can i do to avoid getting stranded on the side of the road? what should i get replaced so i can mount that super charger?

thanx

-waz

A huge pully to keep your boost at 4-6 but it will still shorten the life of you engine. SC engine is a whole different animal. {forged internals}.

I think you're right on the new Muskrats but it's the centrifugal blower. They only put out a few pounds of boost. Our blowers are WAY over that so you'd still fry the thing unless you use a huge SC pulley. As far as I know no one makes one to take the boost down that far though.

haha... gotcha... too bad, was looking forward to adding some more horses in my car. only major thing i can think of other then the other obvious stuff (MAF, headers, cold intake, etc) was a super charger... blah *sad*

If you haven't already, you could try a computer tuner to gain more benefits from your existing mods. Nitrous, Propane, or even a water injection system (possible timing advance) might be feasible. Also if you have the money you could try raising the compression. Then again if you are goin to rebuild internals, you might be able to reuse some parts from your existing engine to make one capable of handling a forced air induction system.

Back